Tank Mates For Tsn

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
cabazon
Location 1: usa

Tank Mates For Tsn

Post by cabazon »

I just got a tsn he is only about 3' in, in a 55 gallon, but I was planning to put it in a 140gallon with 2 oscars,I wanted to wait until it got a little bigger, do you think that they will get along?
and yes I realize that they get extremely BIG

thank you for your coments!
fishman33437
Location 1: Southlake, TX

Post by fishman33437 »

Yep, theyll be fine when a bit larger. You may run into problems getting food down to the TSN unless you 'fill' the oscars up first ($$). Youll need to get a much bigger tank as that will house the TSN for about 18 months. They have a tendency to ram into the sides of the tank if its to small (length or width) and bend their nose down.

I have a big red tail that started in a 55g, then to a 135g and now to a 10' 400g tank (30" wide) and Im looking to have an 800g built soon as the cat is now touching both front and back of this tank. Ive had it for a little over 4 years(started at 6"). Just to show how quick this can happen!

BTW, nice comment at the end of the thread, I assume you know you are going to get filleted by the masses here! Its happened to me a number of times.
velocity
Location 1: Arizona
Interests: fish, hockey

Post by velocity »

yeah just as said above they do get ratherly large. Mine is moving straight to my 2000 gallon pond as soon as i buy him. A tsn and an rtc look good together.
2,000 gallon south american pond in construction

120:
3 oscars
1 lima shovelnose
1 common pleco

72 (saltwater reef)

20 community
gourmi
pictus
iridescent shark
silver tip tetra
rainbow shark