odd thing my gold nugget did

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
arclight
Location 1: washington, dc area

odd thing my gold nugget did

Post by arclight »

My 2" Gold Nugget was hanging out on a piece of bog wood when a new member of the 180 g., a 4" L-128 came up & stopped about 3" away. Nothing agressive - he was just checking the GN out. The GN starts vibrating like crazy! Fins going at a blur. I've never seen a fish move its fins that fast. It does this for about 10 seconds, then slowly moves away.What might have been going on? A 'don't mess with me' kind of thing maybe?
König Löwe
Location 1: Bodø, Northern Norway
Interests: The "passion" for fish has subsided somewhat the last couple years, only currently keeping two corys and what might be an LDA-33, as catfish goes.

Post by König Löwe »

I think it's a "don't mess with me" thing... Just showing who is in charge...
T
Location 1: Bonnie Scotland

Post by T »

My GN and Mango sometimes do this and the other day my new baby albino bristle and one of my red fin dwarf pl*cos were doing it to.
catdoc
Location 1: southern Indiana

Post by catdoc »

My Royal and leopard cactus do this if one comes into the other's territory. They flare their fins and quiver/vibrate. Kind of interesting to watch. If the intruder doesn't get the hint, the next thing is a good lashing with a tail! They've worked things out to where the display usually takes care of things. The Royal was sporting a few tatters before he caught on! (He's about twice the size of the leopard cactus, but still gets the crap beat out of him!)

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”