L142 snowball plec

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
beanyboy1982

L142 snowball plec

Post by beanyboy1982 »

hello all just got a snowball plec is it ok to give it veg / meat ? what do you feed urs

gage
My cats species list: 15 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Canada

Re: L142 snowball plec

Post by gage »

well the snowballs are carnivorous, so i assume meaty foods are best, i like shrimp pellets, lots of people hate them, they are messy, bloodworms is a fav of most fish, u could try frozen mysis or brine shrimp to, a bit of vegetable in its diet is good (for anything for that matter) but again, keep in mind this pleco is carnivorous, so meaty food is needed

ps, i do not own one, but have researched because i was thinking about buying one, now i cant decide between a panaque maccus, L028, L052, L128, or L205, but enough about that lol

i cant believe no one replyd to your thread, odd.
racoll
My articles: 6
My images: 182
My catfish: 2
My cats species list: 2 (i:2, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
Spotted: 238
Location 1: London
Location 2: UK

Post by racoll »

well the snowballs are carnivorous

keep in mind this pl*co is carnivorous, so meaty food is needed
Hello.

I disagree with this i'm afraid. are not carnivores. While the odd algae wafer and bloodworm is good for them, they should also be fed vegetables every day.

The tooth arrangement of (LDA033) clearly points to an algae grazer like an , rather than a carnivore like .

Sweet potato, fava beans and zucchini are good foods to try.

:D
i cant believe no one replyd to your thread, odd.
Generally the more specific the title, the more likely you are to get a result. Something like "What do I feed my snowball pleco (Baryancistrus L142)" would have got a faster response.
artemis1
My cats species list: 10 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: USA
Interests: Fish keeping, ichtyology, tennis, and snowboarding :D

Post by artemis1 »

They seem to like potatoes...don't ask me why. They all should be feed algae wafers, zucchini, and will also eat algae.

Good Luck,
Art
Check out http://www.amazonfish.info for information regarding all of the various amazonian catfish.

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”