Flathead Cat in distress

All posts regarding the care and breeding of catfishes from other parts of the world (North America, Europe and Australia). If you don't know where your catfish is from, post a query in the identification category.
albino catfish
Location 1: Houston, Texas
Interests: Catfish

Flathead Cat in distress

Post by albino catfish »

Today I was on yahoo and was looking at the the catfish pictures. And came a cross this HUNGRY Flathead Catfish. Some of yall may have saw this but thought I would post it any way. This is what the story said

"A resident in the area saw a ball bouncing around kind of strange in a nearby pond and went to investigate. It turned out to be a whopping flathead catfish who had obviously tried to swallow a child's basketball which became stuck in its mouth!!

The fish was totally exhausted from trying to dive, but unable to because the ball would always bring him back up to the surface.

The resident tried numerous times to get the ball out, but was unsuccessful. He finally had his wife cut the ball in order to deflate it and release the hungry catfish."

[/img]Image

Silurus
I've donated: $12.00!
My articles: 55
My images: 890
My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:1, k:0)
Spotted: 423
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

Post by Silurus »

albino catfish
Location 1: Houston, Texas
Interests: Catfish

Post by albino catfish »

This was the first I have heard posted it for those who havent seen this.
Deb
I've donated: $75.00!
My articles: 1
My images: 8
My cats species list: 38 (i:21, k:0)
My aquaria list: 8 (i:8)
Spotted: 11
Location 2: Virginia USA

Post by Deb »

Well, it's news to me and I'm glad you posted it. After that story in Speak Easy where the RTC swallowed a plastic toy, this is refreshing. I'm glad they were able to rescue it. It is a beautiful fish.

Deborah :D

Return to “Other Catfishes”