Keep an eye on Peru..

A members area where you can introduce yourself, discuss anything outwith catfish and generally get to know each other.
DeepFriedIctalurus
My cats species list: 11 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
Location 2: Saginaw River basin, US
Interests: anything powered by an internal combustion engine, non-feathered/furred pets, anti-ignorance activism

Keep an eye on Peru..

Post by DeepFriedIctalurus »

Nevermind.
Last edited by DeepFriedIctalurus on 09 Feb 2007, 09:19, edited 1 time in total.
Shane
Expert
My articles: 69
My images: 161
My catfish: 75
My cats species list: 4 (i:75, k:0)
My aquaria list: 4 (i:4)
Spotted: 99
Location 1: Tysons
Location 2: Virginia

Post by Shane »

I am not sure that Humala's election will impact the fish trade and it was illegal to export any fauna from Venezuela long before Chavez took power.
considering the good things happening for the people of Venezuela and now Bolivia
I'll assume you are being sarcastic. When I arrived in Venezuela in 2000 they had the largest monetary reserves in Latin America and a stable currency. The Bolivar is now worth 1/8th what it was worth six years ago and Venezuela's reserves are now on a level with Bolivia's. Venezuela made 34 billion dollars on oil last year and has a population of 26 million people; 80 percent of which live in poverty. The math just does not add up. The Left may love Chavez for trying to pick fights with Bush, but he certainly has not done anything for Venezuela.
I am also confused how Chavez, a former military officer that tried to overthrow the democratically elected government of Venezuela in 1992, the same person that flew to Iraq to offer his support to Iraqi dictator Saddam Husayn (who gassed his own citizens), and recently accepted a medal from Libyan dictator Muammar Khadafi (the guy that ordered the bombing of Pan Am 103 over Scotland) becomes an icon of the Left?
The right becomes the left, the left becomes the right.
Forgive my inflammatory remarks, but I lived in Venezuela through two coups and saw the bodies in the streets when Chavez ordered snipers to shoot peaceful marchers. Out of respect and loyalty for my Venezuelan friends I just can not let such an uneducated remark pass without comment.
-Shane
"My journey is at an end and the tale is told. The reader who has followed so faithfully and so far, they have the right to ask, what do I bring back? It can be summed up in three words. Concentrate upon Uganda."
Winston Churchill, My African Journey
Waldo
I've donated: $50.00!
My images: 1
Spotted: 1
Location 1: Spokane, WA. 99206
Interests: I like fish and fish related excessories

Post by Waldo »

I did my part. Gave the employees the day off to vote.
I support Water Mart!!! You should too!
DeepFriedIctalurus
My cats species list: 11 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
Location 2: Saginaw River basin, US
Interests: anything powered by an internal combustion engine, non-feathered/furred pets, anti-ignorance activism

Post by DeepFriedIctalurus »

Yeah, ok.
Last edited by DeepFriedIctalurus on 09 Feb 2007, 09:21, edited 1 time in total.
medaka
Expert
I've donated: $20.00!
My articles: 5
My images: 66
My cats species list: 3 (i:0, k:1)
Spotted: 28
Location 1: Runcorn.
Location 2: Cheshire.UK
Interests: Asiancatfish/corys

Post by medaka »

If anyone has more to add to this, I'd love to hear from you!
To the moderators - Forgive me for any possibly inflammatory "political" remarks, because I'm really trying to be a good boy!
To be honest, Speak easy this maybe. however

I think that there are plenty of politcal forums on the web already.lets keep Politics out of Planet Catfish... PLEASE!!
I ‘Doc I can’t stop singing The Green, Green Grass of Home’
“That sounds like Tom Jones syndrome.
‘Is it common?’
“It’s not unusual.” :YMTONGUE:

Return to “Speak Easy”