What Cory is the most playful?

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
sjogren1
Location 1: Pennsylvania, USA

What Cory is the most playful?

Post by sjogren1 »

I've had C. aeneus that were so far from active it was boring. Others I've seen are active here and there. I like cories, but I'd like to try some that are really active and playful.
** Roger S. **
Beersnob
Location 1: Royal Oak, Michigan
Interests: Drinking Beer, Brewing Beer, Drinking Mead, Mazing Mead, hiking, Backpacking, fishing, camping, and of cource Catfish!

Post by Beersnob »

:razz: Exciting seem to be the "pygmy cories" There are 3 of them Habrosis, Hastosis, and Pygmaeus. The yseem to be a little bit more active. You might also want to check out the closely related Aspidorases. They seem to be (at a young age) very active.

Good Luck,

Scott
Beersnob

Sooo many Beers, So little time!

How many Catfish are in your Tank?
Fish Demon
Location 1: SF Bay Area
Interests: I keep lots of fish, but I am really interested in catfish (especially corys).

Post by Fish Demon »

Also, many Elegans-group corys tend to be pretty active.
-Natalie

April 20, 2001

Q: How tall is Cartman in real life?

A: Well, Cartman doesn't exist in real life, but if he did he'd be two feet tall.
sirbooks
Location 1: United States

Post by sirbooks »

Panda cories are supposedly one of the most playful and active cories of all. I've heard plenty about their frolicsome activities, and I must say, they seem to trump all the cories that I've ever kept!
bronzefry
I've donated: $100.00!
My articles: 6
My images: 13
My cats species list: 17 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 7 (i:7)
Spotted: 6
Location 1: Sharon, Massachusetts, US

Post by bronzefry »

All my pygmies died in one week. I love my Paleatus. They've got so much personality. Especially once they've paired off and started mating. I think a lot of corydoras show personality. It might depend on the conditions in the tank, the size of the tank, the foods, hiding places, etc. I've seen exceedingly playful behavior from both Aeneus and Paleatus. I've also seen very boring behavior. I've also seen them get really protective with fry I didn't know were in the tank! I didn't think they were supposed to show parenting skills.
beaches4me
Location 1: VA

Wild Corries

Post by beaches4me »

My albino C. aeneus are really playful! They tend to 'fly' all over my tank as if playing tag with each other (I have 3). I worry sometimes though that they may now be too rambunctious for my guppies, which tend to get in their 'way' when they are chasing after each other and fast! We will see.

Return to “South American Catfishes (Callichthyidae - Corys et al)”