Quick Question (L Number)

Did you know fantastic help is an anagram of Planet Catfish? This forum is for those of you with pictures of your catfish who are looking for help identifying them. There are many here to help and a firm ID is the first step towards keeping your catfish in the best conditions.
Fish Demon
Location 1: SF Bay Area
Interests: I keep lots of fish, but I am really interested in catfish (especially corys).

Quick Question (L Number)

Post by Fish Demon »

Is this L163? I'm pretty confident it is but this one has more reddish fins and no spots on the fins either. Thanks for any help!

-Natalie

April 20, 2001

Q: How tall is Cartman in real life?

A: Well, Cartman doesn't exist in real life, but if he did he'd be two feet tall.
Yann
I've donated: $20.00!
My articles: 8
My images: 275
My cats species list: 81 (i:0, k:0)
My BLogs: 2 (i:3, p:90)
Spotted: 108
Location 1: Switzerland
Location 2: Switzerland
Interests: Catfish mainly form South America, Cichlids, Geckos, Horses WWII airplanes, Orchids

Post by Yann »

Hi!

It could well be one...
The only problem is that your fish is showing stressfull coloration so not the best to give an accruate id...
Any chance to take a pic in a tank where he had settle in...

Sure the fins has that sort of reddish colour but you can totally rule out L12/13 with such pic...

Cheers
Yann
Don't Give Up, Don't Ever Give Up!
Fish Demon
Interests: I keep lots of fish, but I am really interested in catfish (especially corys).

Post by Fish Demon »

I had to take the photos before I put him in the tank, because I knew that once I put him in I would never see him again with all the plants and driftwood I have.

Is there any special foods that might lure him out so I can get a better picture?
-Natalie

April 20, 2001

A: Well, Cartman doesn't exist in real life, but if he did he'd be two feet tall.
Yann
Interests: Catfish mainly form South America, Cichlids, Geckos, Horses WWII airplanes, Orchids

Post by Yann »

Hi!

Usually bloodworm would do the trick!!
Cheers
Yann
Perky
Location 1: Wales

Post by Perky »

Turn the lights out in the room and just shime a torch into an open space in the tank
put bloodworm into the tank and once it has thawed place it in the torch light and wait for him to come out and snap some pics of it
Fish Demon

Post by Fish Demon »

I could've sworn I replied back to this thread this morning! I remember it because I posted a new picture... What happened to my reply? :shock:

Anyway, I tried tubifex worms but the corys ate all of them before anybody else could get some. But I did manage to snap this photo from the side of my tank...

-Natalie

April 20, 2001

Fish Demon

Post by Fish Demon »

Here is another photo...

-Natalie

April 20, 2001

Yann

Post by Yann »

Hi!

Yeap really look like L163...nice find...

Cheers
Yann
Fish Demon

Post by Fish Demon »

Thank you! I noticed that once he became settled into my tank, he developed the spots on his fins and even more spots on his body. :)
-Natalie

April 20, 2001

Perky
Location 1: Wales

Post by Perky »

Nice fish! Good find. Hope you have a good time looking after it etc etc

Return to “What is my catfish?”