syno angelicus with L's..????

All posts regarding the care and breeding of catfishes from Africa.
patrickstockton
Location 1: Portland, Oregon USA

syno angelicus with L's..????

Post by patrickstockton »

How does a synodontis angelicus react to, or coinside with L# plecos? For instance a Clown (panaque Maccus) and a royal L190? Will he attack them? annoy? Befriend??? :?
thanks...

Feel free to save bandwidth, or if have off-thread/tangential comments, by replying through email to pcstockton@hotmail.com use subject:fish
Rich2408
Location 1: United kingdom

Post by Rich2408 »

In my experience as long as the colouration / pattern on the synos and L nos is not to similar most seem to get on pretty much ok, most of the time ignoring one another.
muridae
Location 1: Philadelphia, PA

Post by muridae »

In my personal experience, my angelicus (Angela, naturally) gets along just fine with almost all of my other plecos EXCEPT for the royal. Angela can be pretty territorial towards the other fish, but is fine and doesn't bother anyone as long as no one bothers her or tries to steal her little hideout. She bullied the royal terribly when it was first introduced into the tank, though, bodyslamming it when it ventured near her side of the tank. She chilled out after a while, but I still don't trust the two of them together.

I'd imagine the combo would probably be okay as long as the angelicus has its own cave and there are plenty of places for the other fish to get away.
Stevetd
Location 1: Cardiff, Wales

Post by Stevetd »

In my experience, the above post sounds spot-on.
patrickstockton
Location 1: Portland, Oregon USA

Post by patrickstockton »

thanks alot for the thoughts. They've been living in harmony for about 6 weeks but the royal and clown are starting to eat the wafers that the angelicus cherishes. i saw the angelicus chasing the clown a little and was worried. They seem to hang in close proximity 90% of the time so i suppose everything is ok. just wanted to make sure there wasn't a definitive NO-NO on this combo. thanks again.
Panaque maccus LDA22
Panaque nigrolineatus L190
Ancistrinae L200 - "Spotted Green"
Ancistrinae L239 - "Blue Panaque"
Hisonotus leucofrenatus - "Niger Oto"
Otocinclus flexilis
Otocinclus arnoldi (vittatus????)
Parotocinclus maculicauda - "Red Finned Oto"
Parotocinclus jumbo LDA25 - "Pitbull"
Hypancistrus zebra L046 - "Zebra"
Chrysichthys
My images: 1
My cats species list: 43 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 1
Location 1: Oxford U.K.
Interests: catfish!

Post by Chrysichthys »

In general I have found that they ignore each other, except some synos like vegetables, and will squabble with plecos over cucumber.
STOP AND SEARCH TO BE REPLACED WITH GOOD, OLD-FASHIONED VIOLENCE
(Daily Mash headline)

Return to “African Catfishes”