Which Repashy for my tank?

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
PaperDoves
My cats species list: 34 (i:28, k:1)
My aquaria list: 3 (i:0)
My BLogs: 2 (i:0, p:85)
Spotted: 13
Location 1: Bandon
Location 2: Oregon

Which Repashy for my tank?

Post by PaperDoves »

I have a question about Repashy. I'm having a hard time deciding between Super Green or Soilent Green.

The plecos in the tank include L129, L387, LDA74, and Acestridium Dichromum (green whiptail).

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
TwoTankAmin
I've donated: $4438.00!
My cats species list: 6 (i:0, k:0)
My BLogs: 2 (i:0, p:48)
Location 1: USA
Location 2: Mt. Kisco, NY
Interests: Fish and Poker

Re: Which Repashy for my tank?

Post by TwoTankAmin »

These two foods are very similar in terms of the ingredients. The main difference is that the Soilent Green contains Krill meal, Squid Meal and Fish Meal and the Super Green does not. The result is Soilent has a slightly higher protein (40% vs 35%) and ash content (12% v.s. 9%).

L129 is a Hypancistrus which prefers a more meaty diet. I would suggest feeding them a mix of the Repashy Bottom Scratcher and Soilent Green. I use and 80% B S and 20% S G.

L387 is a Pekoltia and they too prefer a more meaty diet.

LDA074 is an Ancistrus and they are aufwuchs feeders so they also get some meat from eating the tiny critters living in the algae they rasp. I would suggest Soilent Green for them since it is designed for Aufwuchs feeders. You can even feed them meaty food like blood worms etc. now and then.

I am unfamiliar with Acestridium Dichromum. However, I found this on diet from ScotCat:
Diet: Fine Vegetarian foods especially algae and small meaty foods such as brine shrimp nauplii. They rarely sit on the substrate but on leaf stalks and branches so they are especially difficult to feed.
from https://www.scotcat.com/loricariidae/ac ... hromum.htm

From this I would also suggest the Soilent Green might be the better choice.
No one has ever become poor by giving.” Anonymous
Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”" Daniel Patrick Moynihan
"The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it." Neil DeGrasse Tyson
PaperDoves
My cats species list: 34 (i:28, k:1)
My aquaria list: 3 (i:0)
My BLogs: 2 (i:0, p:85)
Spotted: 13
Location 1: Bandon
Location 2: Oregon

Re: Which Repashy for my tank?

Post by PaperDoves »

Thank you very much. I've decided on the Soilent Green, I appreciate your help in deciding.

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”