Golden nugget

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
Nightflyer
Location 2: Scotland

Golden nugget

Post by Nightflyer »

Will my golden nugget be ok in with a colony of 6 juvenile L333?
This will be temporary, don't think the nugget is getting enough food in my community tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MrRRunner
My cats species list: 6 (i:6, k:3)
My aquaria list: 4 (i:1)
Spotted: 6
Location 1: Stafford
Location 2: Staffordshire
Interests: Pleco's

Re: Golden nugget

Post by MrRRunner »

Hard to say, but I would tend to say it should be ok provided it has enough room to shelter from any threat, if the L333's are established in the tank it may be a good idea to move things around a little so that they have to make new territories, mine is ok with L200's L128's and L144's in a 400L tank, although omnivores mine tends to enjoy veg, especially courgette specially the outer skin, so that may help him settle.
CHRIS
Igor Hotasi Simamora
My cats species list: 21 (i:16, k:0)
My BLogs: 1 (i:0, p:10)
Location 1: Bandung
Location 2: Indonesia
Interests: Plecos And some kind of catfish

Re: Golden nugget

Post by Igor Hotasi Simamora »

I'm just a newbie here, but I think its depand on how big is your tank size? :-b Mine, just 1m tank, and inside I put 9 brushmouth, 9 fersuhi(similima whiptail), and 2 golden nugget. And they are lives in peace. But you must put a lot of caves and hiden places such as: bamboo, pipe, and big woods with lot of holes for hiding. And I give them food 3 times per day, so if some of them already full, the rest still have some food to eat. I keep my golden nugget start from 4-6cm, and now they growing up till 10cm, hehe... :-BD. Good luck mate...

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”