King Tigers (how many is too much?)

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
.Plecomania.
My cats species list: 2 (i:2, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:1)
Location 2: New Jersey USA

Re: King Tigers (how many is too much?)

Post by .Plecomania. »

haha you probably thought that somebody put another pleco into your tank without you knowing.
how big would you say is he? over 5"? I was told by someone that even L260s (this site lists them as maxing out at 3.5") can get into the 5"+ in the wild. That's like my male BN pleco that i recently sold (to make room for L260).

I wish i could get a bigger tank like yours for my plecs as i have 9 total right now in my 40gallon, but our floors are so old that a heavier tank might just fall through :))
Last edited by .Plecomania. on 24 Sep 2013, 06:03, edited 1 time in total.
.Plecomania.

Post by .Plecomania. »

and about the lighting, you don't have to do anything with the natural window overhead. try to cover any other windows in the same room (any windows on the walls?)
d3221ck
My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
Location 2: fl

Post by d3221ck »

.Plecomania. wrote:haha you probably thought that somebody put another pleco into your tank without you knowing.
how big would you say is he? over 5"? I was told by someone that even L260s (this site lists them as maxing out at 3.5") can get into the 5"+ in the wild. That's like my male BN pleco that i recently sold (to make room for L260).

I wish i could get a bigger tank like yours for my plecs as i have 9 total right now in my 40gallon, but our floors are so old that a heavier tank might just fall through :))
my first thoughts were right on, "how did this fish get in my tank!?", it's truly amazing how these fish can hide to such extremes... i'm not even kidding that was my first thought! he looks 5" yes, and just thicker than what i thought the adults were... bigger all around than i ever expected, he has plenty of places to hide but guess he doesn't come out like his fry. man lol

that sucks about the flooring issues, i've heard people trying to reinforce floors and stuff but i have no idea how easy of expensive something like that would be... this tank was so heavy that they did not recommend us buying it i think it was from an allglass website and because of the weight i think 700 pounds? they said it was not necessarily for fish.. it was very hard to move, it's super thick, and it will most likely never move from this spot. 150's make a light but nice size tank, i wish i never sold that one for a backup.
d3221ck

Post by d3221ck »

[deleted]
Last edited by d3221ck on 25 Sep 2013, 14:21, edited 1 time in total.
.Plecomania.

Post by .Plecomania. »

i have a plant like that too. yes maybe try to direct the light more down on the tank with a cutout or something.
d3221ck

Post by d3221ck »

.Plecomania. wrote:i have a plant like that too. yes maybe try to direct the light more down on the tank with a cutout or something.
i'm going to be driving to New Jersey for the first time in my life in a month, feel free to suggest something in the area helping older brother move from ny. lol so i'm in the process of looking for fish baby sitter... kind of worried i'll come home to a tank of dead fish because i might be gone for a full month. :(

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”