Help my L168 not well

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
Sweety
My cats species list: 4 (i:0, k:0)
Location 2: Northumberland, UK

Help my L168 not well

Post by Sweety »

Hi Guy's, I noticed the other day that my Butterfly pleco L168 had sort of blood marks under the skin on his tail & 1 of his fins but today i've noticed that his scales seam a little raised but his eyes are bulging (popeye ?) I was wondering what the best cause of action to take to treat him will be. I'm giving the tank a makeover tomorrow so will take him out & put him in my QT tank as all my other fish are fine & doing very well
Water parameters
PH 7.2
ammonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 5 ppm
Many thanks in advance
Neil
Barbie
Expert
I've donated: $360.00!
My articles: 1
My images: 15
My catfish: 2
My cats species list: 58 (i:2, k:0)
Spotted: 8
Location 1: Spokane, WA
Location 2: USA

Re: Help my L168 not well

Post by Barbie »

Please go to the first post in this forum and answer the rest of the questions referenced there. That information will give us a much better chance of actually helping you with the problem. Thank you!

Barbie
Sweety

Post by Sweety »

Extra info, The tank is 36x15x12 & has been running for a year & filtered by a fluval 206. Temp is 78f, 20% water changes are done every week, tank mates are lemon tetras, 2x 2" firemouths & a 1" covnict who is very calm & never bothers anyone (strange I know) tank is heavily planted with loads of bogwood with gravel substrate. I feed flake, frozen bloodworm, freeze dried tubifex, catfish pellets, algea waffers, cucumber. KH(mg/l) 45, GH(mg/l) 250. Sadly can't get a photo at the min as it's hiding in the bogwood. The L168 was the last fish added to the tank & had been living in the same water spec's for months before I got it off my friend
Sweety

Post by Sweety »

Admin please feel free to remove this thread as I sadly found the L168 dead when I stripped the tank to re-aquascape it & to put him into the hospital tank
coffee1stlife2nd
My aquaria list: 2 (i:1)
Location 2: united states

Post by coffee1stlife2nd »

ohhh sorry to hear he did not make it...
Sweety

Post by Sweety »

Cheers for that, i'm rather gutted as it's the most costly fish i've bought in years & I wasn't going to keep plec's any more after I lost my female BN due to old age & that the male had a real go at her so rehomed him. But i'll get another plec of some sort but 1 of the smaller type

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”