FIsh and Stuff FS

Items for sale in the United States of America and Canada.
trebor69
My cats species list: 1 (i:0, k:0)
Location 2: Ohio USA

FIsh and Stuff FS

Post by trebor69 »

1 Synodontis Angelicus ....probly close to 9" - asking $50
4 Synodontis Petricola ....young adults - asking $50 for all 4
1 Royal pleco ....not measured but Im guessing close to 7" - asking $35

The Angelicus is kind of a rare find for most people. They are not too commonly
available most of the time.

50 gallon breeder setup....tank/cabinet stand/glass top/heater/strip light and AC 110 filter - asking $120

All offers considered but please no trades...need the $$$$ and these fish need a new home asap

No Shipping sorry....PU only in North Central Ohio (Elyria)
Viktor Jarikov
My images: 11
My cats species list: 25 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 4
Location 1: Naples, FL
Location 2: USA

Re: FIsh and Stuff FS

Post by Viktor Jarikov »

Hi Trebor69! I am interested in the angelicus and a couple of petricolas; perhaps 50 gal setup if looked good for my purposes; pics of the setup and of the fish would help too. Elyria is a suburb of Cleveland, right? 293 mi – about 4 hours 37 mins from me. Would you consider driving any part of the way and meeting me somewhere in between your place and Rochester, NY? Unless there is a must-visit LFS near you :) !! (the fish I am interested in are described here http://www.planetcatfish.com/forum/view ... 25&t=29488) It'd be also helpful if you informed me, if you know, of some good LFS's (Cleveland and around) that accept big fish as trade-ins, donations, rescues, etc. - to make the most out of my trip I'd love to pick a few big ones, the kinds I do not have yet. Best wishes, Viktor
trebor69

Post by trebor69 »

Hi Viktor... thanks for your interest

I think the tank setup has been sold. We dont have the money in hand yet though but Im fairly certain its a done deal.

Some of the fish may have been sold too. They are at my girlfriends house so I am not sure. Someone was suppose to come and look at them lastnite...not sure if they took them I havent heard yet.

I dont think meeting half way would be worth it for less than $100 worth of fish but its up to you if you want to drive all the way. (if the fish are still available)

I looked at your thread....like Mat suggested your best bet for large fish would be MonsterFishRescue. Did you get in touch with him? I know Jonathan...we are both members of the same local fish club and I see him once a month at the club meetings. I have never been to his place but I know he has large tanks and large fish for rehoming.

Another interesting place if you enjoy cichlids at all would be SomethingFishyInc Dave has two stores I think now and concentrates mostly on cichlids but has other stuff too. I know not too long ago when I was there he had a pair of Emperor Cichlids he was selling. They were like 2.5 to 3 footers

Other stores near me RMS Aqualculture ....Johns Aquarium. These are larger than average stores but less likely to have anything like your interested in than the first two I mentioned.

Those places all have websites if you google those names. I would definitely call and shop a little by phone to see what they have available before I made that drive.

Then there are countless other average small LFS around.
I also know several people who have 50 to 200 tanks running in their house who I could ask around and see if they have anything large theyre wanting to sell.

I'll post again later today or maybe tomorrow with updates
Viktor Jarikov

Post by Viktor Jarikov »

Hi Trebor! Thank you for a thorough update and info. I did not mean half-way, just any part of the way, which was unlikely anyway because I am sure (and as you mentioned) there exist places worth a visit in and around Cleveland - so I would drive to Cleveland anyway. But who knew? Maybe you had a relative or a dear friend, say in Erie PA or Buffalo NY you have not seen in a while? :D :D If not, of course, it is not worth it for you, I agree.

Wow! You opened my eyes - I thought (for some now seemingly hard-to-identify reason) that Orwell OH was far from me (maybe because of the "Senior" case, i.e., the case of the amazingly beautiful giant raphael called Senior and Jonathan meeting a guy from Wisconsin half-way to pick him up - http://www.planetcatfish.com/forum/view ... 24&t=29042) but Orwell is actually closer to me than your place by a whole hour!! 234 mi – about 3 hours 41 mins..... I definitely now should get in touch with Jonathan of MFR. I never tried to contact him directly before.

I am not much into cich-lids, but something that large interests me. I have to research this one. I never knew they can get that big! 3' ?? I am also of impression that c-ds are aggressive and an aggressive fish at this size !!?? Better not be in contact with any other even at the same or larger size. Anyway, this needs more footwork on my part. Do you know the latin genus+species name?

.......T: "Those places all have websites if you google those names. I would definitely call and shop a little by phone to see what they have available before I made that drive."
........V: Sure! I always do!

........T: "I also know several people who have 50 to 200 tanks running in their house who I could ask around and see if they have anything large theyre wanting to sell."
........V: 200 tanks in the house??? are they all <5 gal? or is the house is a 10,000 sq ft one? Not many stores (not any in my area) have that many tanks.... wow again !!! It'd be fabulously generous on your part to be so helpful and ask around. Thank you!

Viktor
trebor69

Post by trebor69 »

Yes many cichlids are aggressive...and emperors are really aggressive I'm told. It is even hard to keep a mated pair together because of their aggression.

here is an interesting video with them http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo4KcsBN--A

sorry I do not know their scientific name

haha ya 200 tanks in a house....more specifically the basement. Many of them are 10 gallon fry raising tanks but there's also several tanks ranging from 75 gallons to 150 gallons with breeding colonies of fish in them.

and to update my ad while Im here....
the petricolas are sold
the tank is sold
the Royal and Angelicus still available

I really thought there would be more interest in the Angelicus....is not normally an easy to find fish
Viktor Jarikov

Post by Viktor Jarikov »

Interesting video indeed, thanks. This means the emperors need to be alone and I'd need to divide my pond further (it is already split in two sections) or build a whole separate pond for them - can do neither now. It also looks like they are salties... which I do not do... I do freshies. They look magnificent though. Maybe one day...

I like Royal plecos, though they rarely and barely exceed 1 ft. So I am kind of interested in yours but probably would like to see him first.

What color variant is your S. angelicus? brown color form with off white/yellowish spots or black color form with white spots? Good looks, good health? Good finage? No deformities? A pic would help. But even as it is, as I said I am interested. I could make it to Cleveland next week, as early as Monday - just need to catch Jonathan Starzinsky to see if I can talk to him and check out his operations when in the area (as well as call some visit-worthy LFS's including the ones you mentioned). So maybe Tues is more probable.

Viktor

Return to “For Sale (USA & Canada)”