Zonancitrus Pulcher

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
Silverkip
Location 1: West Virginia, USA

Zonancitrus Pulcher

Post by Silverkip »

I believe that I might have 3 full-grown adults of this species. I'm working on getting pics soon. But w/o pics is their any screaming charecteristic that will confirm they are Butterfly Plecos. Because L281 looks highly similiar to my fish as well. Also in the cat-e-log it says they reach only 3 inches mine are approximately 4 inches.
I thought they liked me! Then I realized they just use me for the food!
Plec0maniac
Location 1: Manila, Philippines

Post by Plec0maniac »

I also have 3.5inches of this sp. They seem to be looking good.. but no sign of breeding though :)
Too many gorgeous loricariids
So hard to obtain! Grrr....
S. Allen
Location 1: Colorado Springs, USA
Interests: Fish: catfish, discus, stingrays. Alcohol: Vodka, Gin, Rum, Beer, Cider. Tobacco: cigars, pipe, hookah/shisha. Dogs, Literature, Music

Post by S. Allen »

actually, an LFS here had a zooancistrus of some species at 6 inches or bigger, granted that's a monster but..

and I'm not familiar with 281, what genus is it?
Silverkip
Location 1: West Virginia, USA

Post by Silverkip »

This is the L281 i was refering to.

http://www.l-welse.com/forum/index.php? ... =03&ID=286
I thought they liked me! Then I realized they just use me for the food!
S. Allen
Location 1: Colorado Springs, USA
Interests: Fish: catfish, discus, stingrays. Alcohol: Vodka, Gin, Rum, Beer, Cider. Tobacco: cigars, pipe, hookah/shisha. Dogs, Literature, Music

Post by S. Allen »

ahh, easy to tell the difference, it's all in body shape. are the fish very flattened or more the normal pleco shape?

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”