pleco help,keeping L-104

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
hotsauce48
My cats species list: 4 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: by the computer
Location 2: B-More
Interests: Fish,guitar,sports

pleco help,keeping L-104

Post by hotsauce48 »

I have been told by fish info websites that the L-104 clown/ringlet pleco ( panaque maccus ) was an wood eater and the tank shoud be decorated with several types of wood.Also these articles read something like.
THIS PLECO DOES NOT EAT ALGAE. Is this true? Does this pleco only eat wood? PLease do not refer to the
PLANET CATFISH CAT-E-Log. PLEASE refer to your own experience.
Don't let karma get you, post replies, and replies to your questions you will recieve.
MatsP
My articles: 4
My images: 28
My cats species list: 117 (i:33, k:0)
My aquaria list: 10 (i:8)
My BLogs: 4 (i:0, p:97)
Spotted: 187
Location 1: North of Cambridge
Location 2: England.

Re: pl*co help,keeping L-104

Post by MatsP »

hotsauce48 wrote:I have been told by fish info websites that the L-104 clown/ringlet pl*co ( panaque maccus ) was an wood eater and the tank shoud be decorated with several types of wood.Also these articles read something like.
THIS pl*co DOES NOT EAT ALGAE. Is this true? Does this pl*co only eat wood? PLease do not refer to the
PLANET CATFISH CAT-E-Log. PLEASE refer to your own experience.
That is sort of impertinent of your to say that the Cat-eLog isn't a good place to get information - if you know of anything in the Cat-eLog that is directly wrong [that applies to ALL forum members], please report it in the bugs forum - otherwise, it is our collected best knowledge. But seeing as I have three of this species, I can confirm not only that they do NOT eat algae, but that they live quite well on wood - I do put the odd algae wafer in the tank now and again, but considering the amount of "saw dust" in the tank, I think I know why they are not particularly rushing out to get the algae wafers.

--
Mats
Griparn
My cats species list: 1 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Sweden

Post by Griparn »

When they are small fry they can also eat some algaes. But it's not their first pick of food.
Liam50LB
My cats species list: 9 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
Location 2: England, Portsmouth

Post by Liam50LB »

i personally see my l104 on the glass alot as soon as lights out and sometimes during the day and there is plenty of bogwood in the tank.

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”