Need ID on three Pleco's!!

Did you know fantastic help is an anagram of Planet Catfish? This forum is for those of you with pictures of your catfish who are looking for help identifying them. There are many here to help and a firm ID is the first step towards keeping your catfish in the best conditions.
Violence
My cats species list: 4 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Montreal,Quebec
Location 2: Montreal, Canada
Interests: Body Modification (tattoos, piercings...), Music (Chuck Berry, Jerry Lewis, Old Rock...), Reptiles, My newly discovered passion; FISH, Animals in general, Medicine.

Need ID on three Pleco's!!

Post by Violence »

Hello everyone!

This is my first post. My name is Veronika, I'm from Montreal, Canada. I'm the new owner of three Pleco's. I wanted to buy another (ONE other) fish for my Aquarium, but now I'm "stuck" with those three. Long story short, if i didn't take them in they would get killed. (I know I only have a 10 gallon for now and no proper equipment, it will come I promise, I change the water once/twice a day COMPLETELY, with my HANDS, I'll get my stuff this week and I'll try to get a bigger aquarium).

I was told one was a Albino Chocolate Pleco, and the other one a L001 Goldspot Pleco (the one chilling in my hand) and the third one is a "common" Pleco. These are all the pictures I was able to take. Some pics are BAD quality, but I really did try. The "common Pleco" is REALLY hyper, VERY active, so he's VERY hard to take. The rest are alright. I took pics when I did the water change in my tank (I put them in a smaller tank).

Thank you for your help. I tried searching online, but some of them all look alike and there's a LOT of different types of Pleco's.

Here are more pictures. I took a ton so if you want to see more you can go directly to my photo album (feel free to roam around also). Ohh and the pic where he/she is chilling on my hand, he's IN the water, I think he just super loves me!!

Some pics were cut for some reason when posted. Here is the direct link to my online photo album :

http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t17/ ... My%20fish/
VIOLENCE- Keine Liebe.
Silurus
I've donated: $12.00!
My articles: 55
My images: 890
My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:1, k:0)
Spotted: 423
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need ID on three pl*co's!!

Post by Silurus »

Violence
Interests: Body Modification (tattoos, piercings...), Music (Chuck Berry, Jerry Lewis, Old Rock...), Reptiles, My newly discovered passion; FISH, Animals in general, Medicine.

Post by Violence »

Thank you so much! all this was getitng confusing for me, they all look the same to me so it was hard to figure out. Thank you again!
VIOLENCE- Keine Liebe.
ranmasan
I've donated: $60.00!
My cats species list: 23 (i:1, k:0)
My aquaria list: 5 (i:3)
Location 2: Bay Area California, USA
Interests: Fish, computers, anime, video games, books, books on tape, medicine and yoga to name a few

Post by ranmasan »

:D Thank you, Veronika, for the pics and the post... I've got the same "chocolate pleco" and was having a very difficult time with the identification, but just couldn't snap a clear enough shot to ID.

And a very *big* thanks to you, Silurus, for the exact identification!
:thumbsup:
Violence

Post by Violence »

No problem!!

They're so hard to picture properly, it's crazy!
VIOLENCE- Keine Liebe.

Return to “What is my catfish?”