Loosing cory fry

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
blueeyes
Location 1: Scotland

Loosing cory fry

Post by blueeyes »

Hi Guys hope you go easy on me as im new to this forum and breeding cories,any way i have managed to breed my bronze corys had about 80 young fed them on bbs,micro worm,raised them to about 1/2" with little loses,then i moved them to a bigger tank 26"x18"x15" filled to 8" and moved there small filter+added a larger mature filter,anyway thats when i started losing them 2-3 a day they all look healthy feeding well,some are now nearly an 1",i have treated them with acraflavin,flubenol 15,and now im onto formaline.Any help from you guys on the subject would be great,i hate loosing them after getting them this far,ps the tank is b/b
JoeO
Location 1: New York
Interests: Cories

Re: Loosing cory fry

Post by JoeO »

blueeyes wrote:Hi Guys hope you go easy on me as im new to this forum and breeding cories,any way i have managed to breed my bronze corys had about 80 young fed them on bbs,micro worm,raised them to about 1/2" with little loses,then i moved them to a bigger tank 26"x18"x15" filled to 8" and moved there small filter+added a larger mature filter,anyway thats when i started losing them 2-3 a day they all look healthy feeding well,some are now nearly an 1",i have treated them with acraflavin,flubenol 15,and now im onto formaline.Any help from you guys on the subject would be great,i hate loosing them after getting them this far,ps the tank is b/b
Take the "larger mature filter" out.
Are you changing the water? What % and how often?

Anytime you make changes, do them one at a time and wait a few days. Then if you have a problem, it is probably the last thing you did.

Most of us have been in your position. We know what it feels like.
Joe O.
blueeyes
Location 1: Scotland

Loosing cory fry

Post by blueeyes »

Hi Jo thanks for your input im doing a 1/3 w/change with aged water every other day,my waters soft. i dont understand why im only loosing a couple a day and different sizes.

PH 7.00
GH 4
KH 2
Amm 0 nitrite o nitrate 5
temp 26
Tank is bare app from the sponge filters
water change 1/3 every other day
JoeO

Post by JoeO »

Everything looks good blueeyes. Nothing obvious that I can see.

I would split them up into 2 different tanks then try different "cures" on each tank. Maybe you can find out what is wrong before you lose them all.

Is there anything else that is different, different food, a new package of food, different water, a different water source. Possibly something else changed other than the tank and the sponge filter.

Good luck and please make sure you let us know what you find out.
Joe O.
JoeO

Post by JoeO »

Any update? What did you find out?
Joe O.

Return to “South American Catfishes (Callichthyidae - Corys et al)”