Mixing Synos?

All posts regarding the care and breeding of catfishes from Africa.
sawboy
Location 1: Westchester IL

Mixing Synos?

Post by sawboy »

Hi all, first time poster, long time lurker. I have an African Cichlid tank with 6 or 7 Petricolas. I say "or" because with the rockwork and the speed of these little buggers I can't say for sure! :shock:

Anyhow, I absolutely LOVE them. They are just the neatest little clowns! They are all about 1.5 to 2" now, and were less than 1" when I bought them.

My question is, can I mix them with other types of Syns? If not, I will be adding about 6 more of these rascals. Oh yeah, the tank is a 6' 125 gallon.

I am new to the world of African Cats, so do not be afraid to offend me with silly "basics". I am here to listen and learn. :D

Thanks, Bob
caught1
Location 1: IN

Post by caught1 »

Most of the time you can mix the lake cats with no problems, and some of the more timid river types.I keep many african cats and mix them but some just dont play well with others.Be moe specific on which types and that would help.I think the petricolas do best in 10 or larger schools, you will see much more action.
chacachaca
Location 1: Virginia

Post by chacachaca »

I have 2 syno birchardi's in with my 4 petricolas and the get along fine. Its not an African tank though.
The bigger the better...gotta love the big fish!!

Return to “African Catfishes”