Flatulent Filters--TetraTec

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
hellocatfish
I've donated: $10.00!
My cats species list: 5 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Mid-Atlantic Region, USA

Flatulent Filters--TetraTec

Post by hellocatfish »

Just FYI for anyone who for some reason is considering one of these filters...mainly because sometimes you can find them at PetCo like I did, for only $15...they have great capacity and work about the same as any of the Tetra or Whisper hang-on-tank filters you may have tried. I've found Tetra filters to be convenient for quick chemical filtration uses...as I don't like to open up my canister to use an adsorption media, and I don't like to use chemical filtration on a continuous basis...just for specialty purposes like filtering out meds or maybe keeping toxin spikes at by when I have to be away from home.

But there is one really hilarious and well, annoying drawback to this TetraTec filter--at least on mine. When it goes through the cycle of emptying and filling the "Life Chamber", which is a poor man's version of wet-dry filtration, it sounds like one loud rip-roaring passing of gas. Yeah, like we need more of that around this house. :roll:

I don't know if ALL of the TetraTecs do this. But I have been fiddling with this filter since Saturday and I still am the proud owner of the incredible pharting philter. Luckily, by adjusting the flow rate into the chamber I can forgo the wet-dry gimmick and it will work and sound like a regular filter. It puts out a really strong current. I wonder what my cories will think of it. The 4 danios had a blast with it.
Tanks: SeaClear Acrylic 40 US gallons, Eheim Ecco 2236, Eheim Classic 2215, Fine gravel & EcoComplete: 3 Albino Aeneus, 4 Green Aeneus (NOT Brochis) 6 Peppers, 3 Sterba, 1 Elegans, 10 Danios, 3 panda cories, 1 cichlid.

5 gal betta tank: 1 male betta

50 gallon SeaClear Eheim 2213, Eheim 2215, fine gravel: 3 baby goldfish (2 Moors, 1 Oranda in QT)
chris 1
I've donated: $50.00!
My cats species list: 13 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 1
Location 1: London. England

Post by chris 1 »

Don't believe a word of it! Blame the dog' I do!!!!!!

Return to “Tank Talk”