can toothed plecos get along with other panaque ex. blue eye

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
bjonga
Location 1: mass.
Interests: outdoors

can toothed plecos get along with other panaque ex. blue eye

Post by bjonga »

I currently have a royal pleco, I was wondeing what other toothed plecos can get along with it. This is in general what ones can get along with out killing each other. I had a royal and a blue eyes until I believe the royal killed the blue eyes.

Fish is currently in a a 55 gallon w lots of driftwood. temp is 70 f.
Last edited by bjonga on 15 Aug 2004, 23:15, edited 1 time in total.
Wood
Location 1: N.Y. State
Interests: Catfish Plecos Tanganyikan cichlids

Post by Wood »

:D Try a vampire Pleco.a L240 orL007. :D Good luck!
kdreymann
Location 1: Berlin

Re: can toothed pl*cos get along with other panaque ex. blue

Post by kdreymann »

bjonga wrote:I currently have a royal pl*co, I was wondeing what other toothed pl*cos can get along with it. This is in general what ones can get along with out killing each other. I had a royal and a blue eyes until I believe the royal killed the blue eyes.

Fish is currently in a a 55 gallon w lots of driftwood. temp is 70 f.
A blue-eye (Panaque cochliodon) has been killed by a Panaque nigrolineatus? Than the P. nigrolineatus must have been a whole lot larger than the blue-eyed. In my experiences, the blue-eyed are the most fighting cats.
I keep 1 P. cochliodon together with several P. nigrolineatus and five L 114 and all of them have to keep an eye on the blue-eyed!

To keep all of them together in slightly good conditions depends on the size of the aquarium and - more important - the number of caves!

Best wishes
Klaus
jmowreader
Location 1: Fayetteville, NC
Interests: Plecos

Re: can toothed pl*cos get along with other panaque ex. blue

Post by jmowreader »

bjonga wrote:Fish is currently in a a 55 gallon w lots of driftwood. temp is 70 f.
Two medium cats in one 55? No wonder the P. nigrolineatus was so upset. A 55 is about as small as you can go with just the one Panaque you've got in it now.

'Tis time to branch away from catfish. Keep the royal, obviously, and add some smaller Latin American perciformes that live higher in the water column. I have wanted to try a large shoal of small fish--maybe two dozen neon tetras, or perhaps a cloud of zebra danios.

I'll tell you what not to get--anything that feeds off the bottom. They won't last in this tank, for the panaque will starve them.
worton[pl]
My images: 2
My cats species list: 11 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 3 (i:2)
Spotted: 1
Location 1: Lublin, Poland
Location 2: Warsaw, Poland
Interests: catfishes, motorcycles

Post by worton[pl] »

??? :]

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”