L270...any info??

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
Jeff B.
Location 1: Croatia
Interests: Lnumbers, Corys...

L270...any info??

Post by Jeff B. »

HI!
I was arguing about some zebra's in one LFS here in CRO, with the LFS boss...
apparently he was claiming that he has 5 H.zebra's(L046)... he was wrong...
He has 2 L046(7 years old, i am still thinking about buying those...), one L015, and a nice one too, and 2 L270...
Those L270 was confusing me... i have never seen such a beutifull fish, they are 1 year old and in good condition... but i do not have any info on them!
Can you guys help...?
How expensive are they back at your's LFS, and how rare are they?? Do they sex like L046 or not?
When do they become sexual mature?
and one question about L046... Females are bigger or not???
One of those 2 zebra's are 2cm bigger... i didn't see very well pectoral fins... and i have never seen L046 more than 5minutes so i don't have exp...
thanx guys!!
Nice letter... :lol:
regards
Vedran Stincic
Silurus
I've donated: $12.00!
My articles: 55
My images: 890
My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:1, k:0)
Spotted: 423
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

Post by Silurus »

Did you check the Cat-eLog for info on L270?
Jeff B.
Location 1: Croatia
Interests: Lnumbers, Corys...

Post by Jeff B. »

ok, that answers to some of my questions... only problem is that i don't see sex diffrences... :oops:
Vedran Stincic
Bowsa
Location 1: Macclesfield, England
Interests: Fish, Football, Redwine and Whiskey

Post by Bowsa »

I believe I have two L270, they were not sold to me as L270, but after joining this website I am believe that is what they are. Like you I would like to know what they are worth.

Anyway, my understanding is that the male is more "brisltly", but not like the Bristlenose catfish. These are rough skinned whilst the female has a much smoother skin. This is very apparent when the two are side by side. On that basis I bought one of each, if anyone thinks I am wrong on the sex differences, please put me right.

As for the fish, I really like them, the two of them don't fight or argue over "caves", just eat lots of cucumber and algae pellets but never come out in daylight. Also, they are far more active since I changed the tank temperature from 25C to 27C.

Hope thats some help.
Ian

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”