Albino BN not Eating

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
pnoy702
Location 1: Las Vegas
Interests: Tanganyikan Cichlids and anykind of FISH

Albino BN not Eating

Post by pnoy702 »

K, everytime I try to feed foods specifically for my albino bn, all my other other fish (mainly african cichlids) get to it before he does. So to compensate for this, I drop the food in two places. However, the pleco is still not eating it. I've tried zucc, green beans, and lima beans, but it still hasn't touched any of it (but the rest of the fish do!). I mean, he's not getting skinny. His belly isn't caved in or anything, nor is it really full, it's just in between. So what does one do to make stubborn fish eat so that they have something to munch on and not starve in the long run?

Troi
Barbie
Expert
I've donated: $360.00!
My articles: 1
My images: 15
My catfish: 2
My cats species list: 58 (i:2, k:0)
Spotted: 8
Location 1: Spokane, WA
Location 2: USA

Post by Barbie »

Try dropping the food in 1/2 hour after the lights have been out in the tank. He's not being stubborn, they aren't built to compete for the food with boisterous cichlids. The green beans are taken best if they are french cut, so he can get to the softer inside portion, brussel sprouts straight from the freezer, thawed out, and cut in half are also appreciated. If he doesn't look thin, he's probably doing alright.

Barbie
corybreed
Expert
I've donated: $54.00!
My catfish: 8
My cats species list: 74 (i:8, k:0)
Spotted: 6
Location 1: Long Island, New York, USA
Location 2: Long Island

Post by corybreed »

Is the pleco being harassed by the Cichlids?

Mark
pnoy702
Location 1: Las Vegas
Interests: Tanganyikan Cichlids and anykind of FISH

Post by pnoy702 »

corybreed, no, he's not being harassed by any of the cichlids. he stays out of their way and they stay away from him.

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”