strange common pleco

Did you know fantastic help is an anagram of Planet Catfish? This forum is for those of you with pictures of your catfish who are looking for help identifying them. There are many here to help and a firm ID is the first step towards keeping your catfish in the best conditions.
wizkidd26
Location 1: Hampshire, IL

strange common pleco

Post by wizkidd26 »

I work in a pet store, and today I noticed something strange. My boss bought several large common plecos. (I don't believe that the fish will die by typing their general name). And there was one that struck me as funny looking. What I mean by that is that it looks completely like a common pleco, hypostomous plecostomus (sp?). The only difference between that pleco and the others is that this one has BLUE/SILVER eyes. I was wondering if that was of any significance to anyone or just another further mutation of genes/alleles in the common plecos. If it is a different pleco, please let me know. Thanks.
Yann
I've donated: $20.00!
My articles: 8
My images: 275
My cats species list: 81 (i:0, k:0)
My BLogs: 2 (i:3, p:90)
Spotted: 108
Location 1: Switzerland
Location 2: Switzerland
Interests: Catfish mainly form South America, Cichlids, Geckos, Horses WWII airplanes, Orchids

Post by Yann »

Hi!

Does it look like one of these or more like one of these

Cheers
Yann
Don't Give Up, Don't Ever Give Up!
wizkidd26
Location 1: Hampshire, IL

Post by wizkidd26 »

ahhh...no...the pleco looks nothing like the two you posted. For the first one, the pleco doesn't even have the "orangey" colored fins and the eye is shaped differently. The second one is closer but still, that's not the one I have at my work. The armor on the pleco at my work is different and the patterning is exactly like a common pleco. Thanks for trying though. I looked closer at the pleco and noticed that it seemed to lack the black part of the eye, the eyeball is totally silver-blue. I'm suspecting it's blind, I will try some tests to find out for sure.

Return to “What is my catfish?”