A very blue royal pleco allegedly an L027a "BLUE spotte

Did you know fantastic help is an anagram of Planet Catfish? This forum is for those of you with pictures of your catfish who are looking for help identifying them. There are many here to help and a firm ID is the first step towards keeping your catfish in the best conditions.
patrickstockton
Location 1: Portland, Oregon USA

A very blue royal pleco allegedly an L027a "BLUE spotte

Post by patrickstockton »

I dont have any good photos and i have been scouring all good pleco and catfish websites to no avail. I can't find mention or pics of a blue royal pleco. My fish is uniformly a dark sky blue with gray eyes. he is seriously very blue, not green, gray or olive. Although he is allegedly a "spotted blue" he actually has no spots. he is about 3" long so maybe the spots come out when older. The guy at the aquarium store stated that the fish was wild and very rare. He'd only ever seen one other. Is this true? he was $50 after all. Has anyone ever seen a blue royal? does nayone have pics? feel free to email if you do to pcstockton@hotmail.com make the subject line BLUE ROYAL.
Silurus
I've donated: $12.00!
My articles: 55
My images: 890
My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:1, k:0)
Spotted: 423
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

Post by Silurus »

quix

Post by quix »

he could be a blue panaque like siurus has posted. panaque is juz a common name for this fish..it is actually not a panaque like the royals. comes from ancistrinae family.
Whiteysfish
Location 1: GRAND RAPIDS, MICHIGAN
Interests: PLECOS PLECOS AND CICHLIDS

Post by Whiteysfish »

Could be a blue ancistrinae, possibly a L128. I have bred some L128s that havent had any spots, and were bright blue-very raely has it happened, but a pic sure would help-obviously, but Ill see if I can locate the person I sold one to, and snap a pic for ya.
Check out my site-www.cichliidtank.com, except only one i
Caol_ila
My images: 52
Spotted: 23
Location 1: Mainz, Germany

Post by Caol_ila »

@whitey do you have any pics of that spawning? Youd be the first to have successfully spawned them afaik.
cheers
Christian

Return to “What is my catfish?”