Ceramic in tank

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
pete
Location 1: North Wales UK
Interests: fish, motorbikes

Ceramic in tank

Post by pete »

Am I right in assuming a couple small Ceramic pet bowls is OK in tank and that nothing untoward will leach out into the water?
I want to put plants in gravel in a couple of small bowls rather than into substate as it will be a lot easer to clean out tank.
I already have 2 Hygrophila plants in the plastic pots they come in and they look a lot better than plastic plants and help to lower nitrates. :D
thanks
pete
Pete
Shane
Expert
My articles: 69
My images: 161
My catfish: 75
My cats species list: 4 (i:75, k:0)
My aquaria list: 4 (i:4)
Spotted: 99
Location 1: Tysons
Location 2: Virginia

Post by Shane »

I can not imagine ceramic being a problem since many aquarium decorations are made of this material. As far as "planters" I prefer old plastic water bottle bottoms. Just cut the bottom of the bottle so you have a 2-3 inch high cup. Since the plastic is clear, once it is filled with gravel it blends in with the tank very nicely.
-Shane
"My journey is at an end and the tale is told. The reader who has followed so faithfully and so far, they have the right to ask, what do I bring back? It can be summed up in three words. Concentrate upon Uganda."
Winston Churchill, My African Journey

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”