Help me pick the perfect catfish/pleco :) Please.

Did you know fantastic help is an anagram of Planet Catfish? This forum is for those of you with pictures of your catfish who are looking for help identifying them. There are many here to help and a firm ID is the first step towards keeping your catfish in the best conditions.
Philipraposo1982
Location 1: Canada
Location 2: Ontario

Help me pick the perfect catfish/pleco :) Please.

Post by Philipraposo1982 »

Hi everyone,

I apologize if this is not the right place for this but I couldn't find a general forum. Anyhow, I would like some advice / suggestions on what I should get for my tank.

I am re-homing all my current fish and restocking. I want something that I have never hard before and that is on the larger side of things.

The tank is fully eastblished (75gallon) with a 25g sump. rimless design. Has fine caribsea white sand and a few really large pieces of spider wood covered in different ferns. Anubias and bolbitus and needle java fern (quite stunning I think). No plants in the sand at all. I have some nice rocks too I can add or remove.

Keep in mind all fish are now removed! here is a picture for reference
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzqBY ... 0V1eTBySkk

Looking to stock only a FEW fish. maybe one large catfish or pleco and one large cichlid or something, still unsure. I was fish that will enjoy the scape and have a nice look to them. something that stands out. I don't plan to get a bigger tank so they must be able to live in the 75g for life.

I know cichlids have lots of personality but unsure of catfish or plecos. if so this is a plus.

Please suggest some fish that I can consider for this tank. Thanks in advanced!!
catfishchaos
My cats species list: 35 (i:25, k:0)
My Wishlist: 1
Spotted: 14
Location 1: Halifax
Location 2: Nova scotia, Canada
Interests: Spearfishing, freediving, flyfishing, flytying, bowfishing, long boarding, archery, photography, reptiles, arachnids, catfish, cacti and succulents, exploration/travel, conservation and always acquiring more

Re: Help me pick the perfect catfish/pleco :) Please.

Post by catfishchaos »

O boy, where to begin....

I can give you many more suggestions if you be a little more specific (water chemistry, temp, diserable features like colours and patterns etc)
I can stop keeping catfish whenever I want. I just don't think I'll ever want to do that...

Return to “What is my catfish?”