panda cory with clear blisters

A members area where you can introduce yourself, discuss anything outwith catfish and generally get to know each other.
little fish
Location 1: Manchester
Location 2: uk

panda cory with clear blisters

Post by little fish »

Hi I'm new to fish keeping but absolutely love my panda cories! I was really excited when about 3 weeks ago I found a panda fry (about 5mm long). I placed it in its own little tank that sits in the main tank to protect it from the other fish whilst it's so small. I've been feeding it novo baby twice a day. It is now about 15mm long and seems happy enough but he has developed.clear blisters on each side. I desperately want him to be well. Does anyone have any ideas what the bubbles/blisters are and what I can do to help him? Thanks
rmc
My cats species list: 54 (i:6, k:0)
My aquaria list: 8 (i:0)
My BLogs: 21 (i:23, p:909)
Spotted: 5
Location 2: Milwaukee, USA

Re: panda cory with clear blisters

Post by rmc »

One possibility is the little guy is getting too much protein- I can't get "novo baby" here in the US as far as I know, but if this is a really high protein food that could be the cause. I'd try to start some pre-soaked flake or small pieces of tetra tabimin sinking pellets to round out the diet a little bit and see if the blisters go away in time. Pictures would help provide a clearer diagnosis of the problem - this is just one possibility.
little fish
Location 1: Manchester
Location 2: uk

Re: panda cory with clear blisters

Post by little fish »

Thanks for your advice - I have been worried about him! I'm not very technically minded but I'll see if I can post some pics. I'll try altering his food a bit too.

Return to “Speak Easy”