Cory Aeneus vs Brochis Splendens - Help me Choose

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
zfarsh
Location 2: Canada / Ontario

Cory Aeneus vs Brochis Splendens - Help me Choose

Post by zfarsh »

Hi everyone,

Pls help me choose of the two fishes, Corydoras Aeneus or Brochis Splendens, as I have never had either. I have only had Cory Paleatus and Aspidoras Albater.

Tank is 75 Gallon, planted, with sand substrate, not heated, kept at room temp, usually 23 C is the room temp.

I currently have 3 paleatus, and I want to get 6 - 8 more. But I also want to get another species, and that is between Corydoras Aeneus, or Brochis Splendens, again about 6 to 8 of them.

Can you help me choose?

- From what I read, their sizes seem to be comparable, at 2.8" for Aeneus, and 3" Brochis. Or does the Brochis still tower over the Aeneus? I like the idea of bigger overall
- Is one genetically superior to the other, ie can resist diseases better and live longer in general?
- Do Brochis look nicer as they grow older, and do Aeuneus look fat and uglier with time?
- Any experience you can share with either or both would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance.
CoryfanAad
My images: 2
My cats species list: 1 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 1
Location 2: Holland

Re: Cory Aeneus vs Brochis Splendens - Help me Choose

Post by CoryfanAad »

Love them both, but only keepiny C.Aeneus. Why do you want to choose between these. To my believe is the long term temp-need of Brochis Splendens higher than C.Aeneus. Paleatus is a cool(er) water Corydoras so that could make a difference. Btw : there are more C.Aeneus- variaties !! Keeping some of them and loving them. Never kept Brochis btw !!!

Return to “South American Catfishes (Callichthyidae - Corys et al)”