L28 Angelicus

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
Triactis Trainer
My cats species list: 9 (i:0, k:0)
Location 2: Philadelphia

L28 Angelicus

Post by Triactis Trainer »

Has anyone had any experience breeding these fish? If so how many did you have and any leads to where one could acquire such fish?
Suckermouth
My images: 17
My cats species list: 22 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 2 (i:0)
My BLogs: 6 (i:0, p:237)
Spotted: 14
Location 1: USA
Location 2: Washington, DC

Re: L28 Angelicus

Post by Suckermouth »

I've never bred them, but I wouldn't imagine them to be much more difficult than the typical Hypancistrus. I think Snookn21 has these guys from time to time, so just keep checking Aquabid to see.
- Milton Tan
Research Scientist @ Illinois Natural History Survey
Triactis Trainer
My cats species list: 9 (i:0, k:0)

Post by Triactis Trainer »

That's where I was looking into purchasing them, but I prefer to deal locally and would pay for shipping but think that it would be a waste to purchase them 1 at a time and would rather get a small group together.
mjh712
My cats species list: 7 (i:2, k:0)
My aquaria list: 2 (i:0)
My BLogs: 2 (i:1, p:81)
My Wishlist: 1
Spotted: 3

Post by mjh712 »

but think that it would be a waste to purchase them 1 at a time
If you order on aquabid most auctions are for 1 with more available at the purchase price. Email the seller and let him/her know you're interested and how many you are interested in purchasing also ask for a price & shipping costs.

Also, Wetspot has some on their list of available fish ($40 each): http://www.wetspottropicalfish.com/index.php/fish. I just received 5 healthy wild L066 from them on Friday. $50 overnight shipping to Philly, they arrived before 930am EST.

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”