Syno Photos & Personalities of 3 species...

All posts regarding the care and breeding of catfishes from Africa.
Doc_Piscis
Location 1: Southwest Virginia, USA
Interests: Pets (fish & dogs), Backpacking, Mountain Biking, Sea Kayaking, Scuba Diving & NYC

Syno Photos & Personalities of 3 species...

Post by Doc_Piscis »

I thought I would share some photos of my syno's. They are the coolest fish!

Here one of my Eupterus Syno's... these guys are not bothered by the light too much. I often see them swimming continously from cave to cave.

Here is my only Multipunctatus, I have hear I should keep them in a group, but I don't want to overcrowd my tank. In any case, the Multipunctatus hang out with my Ocellifers (2 of them), they often lay on each other in the same cave. They have many caves to choose from, so they must really like each other! The multipunctatus is cool, because he swims at all levels of the tank, and is not shy of light.

Here is one of my Ocellifers, unfortunately these guys are shy when the lights are on. The larger Ocellifer, pictured below, sometimes has similar habits as the Eupterus above.
DeLBoD
Location 1: Wales UK

Post by DeLBoD »

Nice fish m8.
Love that Eupterus hes got some growing to do, very nice fins for age. :D
Doc_Piscis
Location 1: Southwest Virginia, USA
Interests: Pets (fish & dogs), Backpacking, Mountain Biking, Sea Kayaking, Scuba Diving & NYC

Post by Doc_Piscis »

Yeah, I really like the Eupterus, he is really cool! He reminds me of the lionfish I kept when I was a teenager, his fins really are long and nice.

When I bought my multi I had them double bag the fish because it looked like he was trying to chew through the bag. When I got home I removed the outer bag and put the single bag into the aqarium. Left it for a while, then I noticed the Multi was stuck!!!! His dorsal fin had pierced the bag! I had to rip the bag apart to get him unstuck. As a result he did not get any acclimation!!! He was a little funny for the first couple days, but he bounced back. He seems real healthy now.

There is also a minot cosmetic problem... the most anterior spike is seprated from the rest of the dorsal fin.

Return to “African Catfishes”