Sisor rabdophorus

All posts regarding the care and breeding of catfishes from Asia.
beta
My images: 72
My cats species list: 13 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 31
Location 2: Chennai, India
Interests: Indian Native Fishes

Sisor rabdophorus

Post by beta »

This fish was on my wishlist for a long time and I was thrilled to get them finally. The joy was short lived! Even as they proved to be active feeders, I started to lose them one by one and within a couple of weeks it was a total wipe out. Will try this species again when I can get a chiller. During those 2 weeks they were eating bloodworms, tubifex, Shrimp mix, Frozen brine shrimp and tetra bits!
I know Ben (Amiidae) was successful in keeping them for sometime. Ben, what temperature did you maintain for them?

Attachments
IMG_3126.jpg
amiidae
My images: 547
My cats species list: 82 (i:0, k:2)
Spotted: 179
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Singapore

Re: Sisor rabdophorus

Post by amiidae »

I kept them in temp abt 27C ( I am sure lower is much better) tank set up with mild water current and high aeration.They don't seen to enjoy strong water current as they preferred staying away fm the flow.

They were doing very well but got wipe out during one water change exercise when I switched fm the usual Seachem product to another brand. x(
PREDATORY FISH KEEPERS FB GROUP --> https://www.facebook.com/groups/166535030633179/
beta
My images: 72
My cats species list: 13 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 31
Location 2: Chennai, India
Interests: Indian Native Fishes

Post by beta »

Thanks for the info Ben. I'm surprised that they could survive at that temperature. Maybe something else other than temperature went wrong in my tank I guess.
mullaji
Location 2: india

Post by mullaji »

I was catching fish in Kanpur(UP)there a local fish keeper told me about the fish witch has long elongated thread on its tail i think this is the same fish,, so can i get this fish there . :?: :?: :?:
or if we caught this specimen what immediately steps should we carry and all the preparations that we should do berore :?: :?:

please give some info on this threat

Return to “Asian Catfishes”