Heater Suggestion

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
sodapopdima
Location 1: Brooklyn, NY

Heater Suggestion

Post by sodapopdima »

Hi, I would like to inquire from everyone their advice regarding a good suggestion for a good heater for my 16 gallon tank. I want something with a numbered temperature gauge, not just low-medium-high settings. I heard a bad review for an Aqueon Pro (50watt) from a friend which I was considering, and read about an instance of the marineland stealth exploding in a tank.

What is your opinion, what would you suggest?
MatsP
My articles: 4
My images: 28
My cats species list: 117 (i:33, k:0)
My aquaria list: 10 (i:8)
My BLogs: 4 (i:0, p:97)
Spotted: 187
Location 1: North of Cambridge
Location 2: England.

Re: Heater Suggestion

Post by MatsP »

I have several of these:
http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com/p ... atid=21322

They work well. The only other heater I haven't had some problem with is the Eheim Jäger one - I don't buy them because they are not easily available in my area. I have some relatively cheap Hydor Theo heaters, but they don't heat to the temperature I've set them to - I set 22'C, and the tank comes out at 28'C or so. They aren't stuck on - something I've had from some, just not very accurate on temperature...

The link above is not a suggestion to buy from that company, just a reference to the show the product - you decide if you think that's a good company or not.

--
Mats

Return to “Tank Talk”