Help me to identfy this loricarids

Did you know fantastic help is an anagram of Planet Catfish? This forum is for those of you with pictures of your catfish who are looking for help identifying them. There are many here to help and a firm ID is the first step towards keeping your catfish in the best conditions.
Juan_P
Location 1: Panamá, city of Panamá

Help me to identfy this loricarids

Post by Juan_P »

this lorys, are from a freind of Spain, they are in young stage. in the petshop the name was ancistrus lineolatus, he saw also a picture of this lory in a book of dr. axeroldi and has the same name, but we search in the internet, and the lorys under this name, are diferent from this.

thanks a lot

saludos desde Panamá
Yann
I've donated: $20.00!
My articles: 8
My images: 275
My cats species list: 81 (i:0, k:0)
My BLogs: 2 (i:3, p:90)
Spotted: 108
Location 1: Switzerland
Location 2: Switzerland
Interests: Catfish mainly form South America, Cichlids, Geckos, Horses WWII airplanes, Orchids

Post by Yann »

Hi!

ANy idea about the origin of the fish?
Bred ? Wild caught?

if it is bred, it is one of those species pf common Ancistrus such as A. temmincki.

MAybe you should let them grow to adult size and hope it will be a male ( I find male Ancistrus far more easier to ID than Female) and then post a pic again!!

He really a bit small for a more accruate ID!!
Cheers
Yann
Don't Give Up, Don't Ever Give Up!
Plec0maniac
Location 1: Manila, Philippines

Post by Plec0maniac »

has anyone heard of an ancistrus named barbusca? Cuz a friend of mine imported some and as to my surprise they look like ancistrus with yellow spots and the female have small gold spots.. And the male kinda looks like that.. :)
Too many gorgeous loricariids
So hard to obtain! Grrr....
Yann
I've donated: $20.00!
My articles: 8
My images: 275
My cats species list: 81 (i:0, k:0)
My BLogs: 2 (i:3, p:90)
Spotted: 108
Location 1: Switzerland
Location 2: Switzerland
Interests: Catfish mainly form South America, Cichlids, Geckos, Horses WWII airplanes, Orchids

Post by Yann »

Hi!

Barbusca is probably a spanish word for saying bearded, a reference to the bristles the males have
Cheers
Yann
Don't Give Up, Don't Ever Give Up!
Juan_P
Location 1: Panamá, city of Panamá

Post by Juan_P »

Thanks for answer!!

Well my freind will ask in the pet store about the origins, also he will wait until the lorys go adult.
Cuz a friend of mine imported some and as to my surprise they look like ancistrus with yellow spots and the female have small gold spots
well I dont know, but I have a pair of "ancistrus" that have those characteristics, but the poins are smaller.

http://www.forum.planetcatfish.com/viewtopic.php?t=3208

saludos desde Panamá

Return to “What is my catfish?”