Robustus info?

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
fishnut2
I've donated: $151.00!
My images: 4
Spotted: 3
Location 1: Chicago

Robustus info?

Post by fishnut2 »

Anybody have info on Robustus? It seems that they are collected in "Encontru Das Aquas" which I believe means: where the blackwater meets whitewater. Ian lists them at Rio Purus system, creek into Rio Ipixuna. That would make things extremely difficult for spawning conditions. Do they spawn in the blackwater/the whitewater/or right in the mix? I spawned them several years ago, but didn't record the water parameters. Apparently I had 2 females, as I had 7 eggs that fungused right away. I now have a colony of about 15 fish, that are conditioned and ready to go! Any info/suggestions/or possible theories are welcome. Thanks in advance.
fishnut2
I've donated: $151.00!
My images: 4
Spotted: 3
Location 1: Chicago

Post by fishnut2 »

My current setup is a 30 gallon breeder,bare bottom. Rocks/driftwood/powerhead/slate/and 6 almond leaves for tannins. Primary diet is live blackworms, and frozen bloodworms. I'm slowly lowering PH and TDS from a starting point of 7.6 PH and 220 TDS down to 6.8 PH and 120 TDS, using RO and a product called PH down. Temperature was 68F but has been increased to 76F. I plan to use cold RO during water changes as a potential trigger. Any ideas???

Return to “South American Catfishes (Callichthyidae - Corys et al)”