peppered cory question

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
sindeon
My cats species list: 1 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Land O Lakes, Florida

peppered cory question

Post by sindeon »

Hi all, first post been reading for a while; but after seeing and reading on here getting into having some corys. So wanted to find out what you guys would advise would be good food to make up the diet for peppered corys and is there any rough guide / estimate as to how much / how often to feed the corys. :P Also their going to be going into a 10gal ( 20l x 10d x 12h) that will only be for the peppered cory so any advise on how many can go nicely in there since I want them to be as happy as can be.:D Thanks for any help you can offer.

Robert
bslindgren
I've donated: $25.00!
My cats species list: 11 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Prince George, BC, Canada

Post by bslindgren »

Read the species description for requirements, including food.http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/sp ... ies_id=271. Using the rule of thumb 1" per gallon, can figure out how many to have. They can grow to close to 3 inches, so if you start with 10, you might have to give them more room eventually. Note that they like cooler water than a lot of other corys - I made the mistake of keeping the temperature too high for them, and had all kinds of problems (including losing a number of them).

Return to “South American Catfishes (Callichthyidae - Corys et al)”