Hello everyone. New member

A members area where you can introduce yourself, discuss anything outwith catfish and generally get to know each other.
Troender
My cats species list: 29 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Askim, Norway

Hello everyone. New member

Post by Troender »

Hello, all of you!
Today I finally did what I should have done a looong time ago: I registered as a member here :D
I've been using PlanetCatfish for a long time as a source of knowledge, but never have had a single chat in here. Well, that's about to change :wink:

So, who am I? I'm a 34 year old girl, with an awful lot of water in my house. I started with fishes 13 years ago, in a very small bowl. Ever since that, there's almost always been tanks inside my house, well, apart from a small period of time I quit it all.

My passion is catfishes (of course) and puffers (and oops, I almost forgot the killifishes). Is there any kind of fish that is so beautiful as catfishes? In my opinion, no. L-catfishes is my biggest passion, with corydoras close up behind them.

With the passion for 4 different kinds of fishes (L- and c- catfishes, puffers and killies), it means a lot of tanks (puffers alone take half of them, as they have to stay in species alone tanks).

My absolute favourites here in my tanks are L-46 (of course...), L-200 and L-128, but I almost feel ashamed to admit that they are favourites. I love all of my suckers :wink: I also have a love for my single L-182 male, which really looks like a very overgrown ancistrus (which they are, when I think of it). And what a forest of bristles! The more bristles, the better :lol:

What else is here? A common pleco, gibbiceps, L-1, L-169, L-144, common ancistrus, L-147, panaque maccus, and of course the three I mentioned above. I probably have forgotten to mention some of my suckers now. And then there's my corys, which isn't so many yet, but will be, I guess: c. sterbai, c. arcuatus, brochis splendens (I will never think of them as something else than corys), c-121, c-140, and there will be c. concolor pretty soon too. And of course I wish for many more :lol:
I also had a very cute twig catfish, who was very loved (all though that's not a very rare fish). Unfortunately I lost her on my birthday in March. I still miss her.

So, that was a sneak peek into my house :lol:
paulf
Location 1: Worcestershire
Interests: Fish.....

Post by paulf »

Hiya, nice to see you on here? :)
Troender

Post by Troender »

Are you the one I think you are? If you are, you will get an order on a certain med today :wink:
Jools
Expert
My articles: 198
My images: 948
My catfish: 237
My cats species list: 87 (i:237, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:10, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 450
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Post by Jools »

Welcome aboard!

Jools
Troender

Post by Troender »

Thank you Jools :D
I forgot about my beautiful L-177. He is a beaute! BTW, here's the bristle forest I was talking about. My male L-182, named Småen (means the little one :wink: ).On his side is one of my three L-200Image
Richard B
I've donated: $20.00!
My articles: 9
My images: 11
My cats species list: 37 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 4 (i:0)
My BLogs: 2 (i:0, p:47)
Spotted: 10
Location 1: on the sofa, or maybe at work?
Location 2: Warwickshire: UK
Interests: Tanganyika Catfish, African catfish, Non-loricariid sucker-catfish.
Running, drinking, eating, sci-fi, stapelids

Post by Richard B »

Troender,

Welcome to the site!

Richard B

Return to “Speak Easy”