LO25 and Parancistrus aurantiacus

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
Genieworx
Location 1: Fareham, United Kingdom
Interests: Catfish, Guitars and Video Games..

LO25 and Parancistrus aurantiacus

Post by Genieworx »

A friend of mine works in an LFS and called me up from the wholesalers saying they had some great Chubby Plecs and would I like one. They were the gold variety so I jumped at the chance. I went to see it today and this thing is about 20cm long and almost as wide. Apparently they'd never seen them in this size, and its absolutely beautiful. :D

I'm not sure if this is the ideal place to post, but I thought I'd mention it. Apparently there are more Chubby plecs available at this size and also Scarlet plecs (LO56). As i'd been searching for this plec for ages, I figured others might as well. Feel free to PM me and I can pass on the details.

Cheers

Paul
MatsP
My articles: 4
My images: 28
My cats species list: 117 (i:33, k:0)
My aquaria list: 10 (i:8)
My BLogs: 4 (i:0, p:97)
Spotted: 187
Location 1: North of Cambridge
Location 2: England.

Post by MatsP »

I moved this to the Loricariidae section, as that's where it belongs.

Beware that the "golden" chubby pleco is very likely to turn brown - they may return to golden colour once acclimated to your tank, but that requires that the water conditions are just right and they fish is "happy".

--
Mats
Genieworx
Location 1: Fareham, United Kingdom
Interests: Catfish, Guitars and Video Games..

Post by Genieworx »

Cheers Mats, I knew I'd go wrong somewhere. Quite right the 'gold' is transient. The real reason I love this fish is girth and its furriness. Can't beat them for the odontoidal covering.

Cheers

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”