<<<<<BumbleBee Catfish>>>>>

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
catfishrule
Location 1: USA

<<<<<BumbleBee Catfish>>>>>

Post by catfishrule »

ok so I got this bumblebee catfish from petsmart. I put it in my 40g aquarium well planted with some woos and caves. I also have 3 hatchetfish, 1 Jack Dempsey cichlid and 1 corydora. So i put him in. He wen't in the caves and would somtimes come out in the daytime to eat as quick as he could before the cichlid chased him back in his cave. The cichlid didn't really hurt him, he was just a little bit of a bully and was the king of the tank that would take all the food he wanted. The catfish did get his food though. After i had him for about 4 weeks, I decided that I would get some more catfish. I went to wal-mart to get some. So I got 2 pictus catfish about 2 inches long (and yes they both are doing great so far AND I know that I should have gotten 2) So after I got home, it was getting dark so i put them in. They are really amazing fish. They explore the bottom world of the aquarium searching for some food. Nothing really bothers them. Everything was peaceful and everything is now. I completly forgot bout the b-b catfish. I mean I had two great other ones. The day after I put the pictus catfish in I didn't see him anymore. I havent seen him quickly come out and get the food anymore. Could the pictus killed or eaten him? Or could he be scared of them and be hiding?
Marc van Arc
Expert
My articles: 20
My images: 61
My catfish: 9
Spotted: 35
Location 2: Eindhoven, The Netherlands

Re: <<<<<BumbleBee Catfish>>>>>

Post by Marc van Arc »

catfishrule wrote: Could the pictus killed or eaten him? Or could he be scared of them and be hiding?
I've given you an answer on both questions in your other thread (Will my pictus cat be okay?).
grokefish
My images: 3
My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
Spotted: 2
Location 1: The Vandart Aquarium South Wales
Interests: Life the universe and everything

Post by grokefish »

Pictus cats will eat naything that fits in their mouths.

Return to “South American Catfishes (Everything else)”