Sold as L066

Did you know fantastic help is an anagram of Planet Catfish? This forum is for those of you with pictures of your catfish who are looking for help identifying them. There are many here to help and a firm ID is the first step towards keeping your catfish in the best conditions.
CatBrat
My cats species list: 38 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Japan
Location 2: ex. New Zealand
Interests: Fish, Fishing, sports, Taking photos of fish

Sold as L066

Post by CatBrat »

Hey all,
I just bought 3 of these fish from my work that were sold as L066. I just wanted to double check that they are L066 and not some other Hypancistrus sp.? They are all around 14cmTL at the moment.
Also I was wondering weather you can tell weather it is a male r female from this pic? The odontodes are quite short, but they are a similar length on my 3 fish (and the only other 5 that I know of in NZ have short odontodes as well), so I was just wanting your thoughts. I know this picture isn't great for sexing, but its the only one I have at the moment.

Cheers, CatBrat.
Yann
I've donated: $20.00!
My articles: 8
My images: 275
My cats species list: 81 (i:0, k:0)
My BLogs: 2 (i:3, p:90)
Spotted: 108
Location 1: Switzerland
Location 2: Switzerland
Interests: Catfish mainly form South America, Cichlids, Geckos, Horses WWII airplanes, Orchids

Post by Yann »

Hi!

It looks like a L66 for me

Regarding the sex a picture from above would be better!

Cheers
Yann
Don't Give Up, Don't Ever Give Up!
funkyj1313
My cats species list: 15 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
Location 1: Reno, NV

Post by funkyj1313 »

I would have to agree with yannfulliquet.
Rantosa
Location 1: New Zealand

Post by Rantosa »

looking good catbrat :wink:
I really like them, they don't hide all the time like other hypansistrus. They are out and about and they are easy to feed not picky like my queens.

Return to “What is my catfish?”