growing tank

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
eupterus
Location 1: Essex uk
Interests: Livebearers, corys and L numbers

growing tank

Post by eupterus »

Here are a few pictures of my new 400l cory tank. How many cories would you say I can keep in here with the aim of conditioning and growing.

The only other fish in the tank are 25 neons 25 cardinals and a pair of BN
Eupterus.

C. hastatus - habrosus - pygmaeus - aeneus - duplicareus - axelrodi - panda - trilineatus - napoensis - delphax - melini - paleatus - barbatus - concolor - robinae -seussi - reynoldsi - septentrionalis - arcuatus - C57 "nordestini" - guapore - aeneus "black" - C131
UNTgolf
My cats species list: 3 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Dallas,TX
Interests: Chemistry, corys

Post by UNTgolf »

Kind of deep for a grow out tank. But number is hard to say? You all ready have a lot of fish in there. Are you going to put more of any other type or is that the extent of non-cories. I all ways go with less is more, so I would low ball it, which is probably not an answer you are looking for!
Sean
eupterus

Post by eupterus »

That is all of the non cories that will go in. This is not a growing tank for fry I use a 120l tank for that this is more sub adult conditioning. It is 5x2x2 depth of water just over 20 inches
Eupterus.

C. hastatus - habrosus - pygmaeus - aeneus - duplicareus - axelrodi - panda - trilineatus - napoensis - delphax - melini - paleatus - barbatus - concolor - robinae -seussi - reynoldsi - septentrionalis - arcuatus - C57 "nordestini" - guapore - aeneus "black" - C131
UNTgolf
My cats species list: 3 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Dallas,TX
Interests: Chemistry, corys

Post by UNTgolf »

O sorry! By grow out I thought you were speaking of fish half inch or 1cm. :oops:
Sean
fishmadbarry
Location 1: Essex/England

Post by fishmadbarry »

Loas, loads and loads of loads. :D
What does a Chav and a Slinky have in common?

They are both great fun to watch fall down stairs.
madattiver
My cats species list: 35 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
My BLogs: 4 (i:0, p:114)
Spotted: 7
Location 1: Saskatoon, Sk, Canada

Post by madattiver »

nice looking tank.. what is all in there??? i see c. melini, c. panda and not sure of the others... C131??
Last edited by madattiver on 11 Apr 2006, 23:24, edited 1 time in total.
eupterus

Post by eupterus »

melini,schwartzi, c131 and pandas. Well spotted especially from that picture. There are six of each except the C131 in which I could only get five.
Eupterus.

madattiver
My cats species list: 35 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
My BLogs: 4 (i:0, p:114)
Spotted: 7
Location 1: Saskatoon, Sk, Canada

Post by madattiver »

well.. i do stare at corys several hours a day.. should be half decent in recognizing them by now.. :wink:

and i am sure they will be happy in there and hopefully spawning not too far down the road. c. melini look close to the right size for spawning. anyways.. good luck with them and keep us posted.

p.s.
you can never post enough pics these days.. we all love them... :D
Coryman
Expert
My articles: 12
My catfish: 5
My cats species list: 83 (i:5, k:0)
My BLogs: 1 (i:0, p:1)
Spotted: 194
Location 1: Kidderminster UK
Location 2: Kidderminster, UK
Interests: Cory's, Loricariids, photography and more Cory's

Post by Coryman »

I would say you would be comfortable with another 8 or 10, but I would be wary of the
C. panda in a mixed community like that as they are known for getting it together with other species.

Ian

Return to “South American Catfishes (Callichthyidae - Corys et al)”