is this Corydoras rabauti

Did you know fantastic help is an anagram of Planet Catfish? This forum is for those of you with pictures of your catfish who are looking for help identifying them. There are many here to help and a firm ID is the first step towards keeping your catfish in the best conditions.
madattiver
My cats species list: 35 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
My BLogs: 4 (i:0, p:114)
Spotted: 7
Location 1: Saskatoon, Sk, Canada

is this Corydoras rabauti

Post by madattiver »

it came in as a shipment of wild caught Corydoras rabauti.. just wanting confirmation.. it is a little washed out as it is in a barebottom tanke right now in QT.. i am sure the colors will deepen when it clears QT

i guess the easiest way to find out is spawn them and look at the fry coloration ;)
chef
My cats species list: 8 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: stafford england
Interests: corydoras breeding etc

Post by chef »

Corydoras zygatus. if you look at the dark band it has a slight break just below the dorsal fin, this can help id the two similar species.
DeepFriedIctalurus
My cats species list: 11 (i:0, k:0)
Location 2: Saginaw River basin, US
Interests: anything powered by an internal combustion engine, non-feathered/furred pets, anti-ignorance activism

Post by DeepFriedIctalurus »

C.rabauti also has a slightly shorter snout along with it's "better" coloration. A large shipment of both species recently came into a local shop here, so I got a great opportunity to see adults of both side-by-side.
Jorge
Location 1: Madrid (España)

Post by Jorge »

madattiver
My cats species list: 35 (i:0, k:0)
My BLogs: 4 (i:0, p:114)
Spotted: 7
Location 1: Saskatoon, Sk, Canada

Post by madattiver »

damn.. i was hoping you guys weren't going to say that.. even though i thought it may not actually be rabauti.. ahh well.. at least i will have a male for the 3 large female zygatus i currently have.. now i can finally breed them :wink:

Return to “What is my catfish?”