Buying online?

A members area where you can introduce yourself, discuss anything outwith catfish and generally get to know each other.
DizTheFreak
Location 1: Arizona

Buying online?

Post by DizTheFreak »

How do you guys feel about buying fish online?
I'm particularly looking at http://www.liveaquaria.com
Thanks for any info.
-Kris
djw66
Location 1: Arkansas
Location 2: Arkansas

Post by djw66 »

Living in the land of No Local Fish Stores as I do, I buy nearly all my livestock online. liveaquaria.com and fish2u.com are my primary sources, and I've got nothing but top quality fish from either of them.

Just my 2 cents.

Dave
I dream of L-Numbers . . .
blb
Location 1: Maryland

Post by blb »

I buy online a lot too. I haven't bought from either place you mentioned. I buy from aquabid.com. It is mainly a place where you can buy from other hobbiest. I also buy most of my fish food and supplies on line too. Even with shipping it is cheaper than the local stores.

Beth
Beth
bronzefry
I've donated: $100.00!
My articles: 6
My images: 13
My cats species list: 17 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 7 (i:7)
Spotted: 6
Location 1: Sharon, Massachusetts, US

Post by bronzefry »

They are one of the largest on-line places to purchase fish from. They also have a warranty. You may want to call to make sure you are getting what you really want. There are a lot of places out there. Many reputable, many not. I've bought fish on-line and had a bit more luck than in the LFSs(which are only major chain warehouses with limited selection).
Amanda
UNTgolf
My cats species list: 3 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Dallas,TX
Interests: Chemistry, corys

Post by UNTgolf »

I've only purchased fish online through aquabid and I have to say I love it! They have stuff that you can't find locally! Just look at their feed back.
Sean
pictus_man_77
Location 1: bromsgrove, Worcester Birmingham, U.K.

Post by pictus_man_77 »

anyone know one of these online stores in the UK, because if i was to buy a fish online, no matter how much re-assurance i got, i would never have it shipped over
MatsP
My articles: 4
My images: 28
My cats species list: 117 (i:33, k:0)
My aquaria list: 10 (i:8)
My BLogs: 4 (i:0, p:97)
Spotted: 187
Location 1: North of Cambridge
Location 2: England.

Post by MatsP »

http://www.trimar.co.uk advertises that they sell fish "mail-order". I wouldn't say that they are strictly an on-line business, but from what I've understood, they will ship fish.

I personally prefer to see the fish before I buy it... Which works better if the shop that I go to often bring the fish in... Of course, not all shops will get fish in for you. I'm lucky to have a local shop that is really good... On the other hand, they don't carry any enormous stock, so if you're browsing for odd-balls, they aren't that great. Unfortunately, you can't always have a "full score" on every quality of a fish-shop.

--
Mats

Return to “Speak Easy”