knife fish

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
declan
Location 1: naxxar ,malta
Interests: reptile and fish keeping

knife fish

Post by declan »

i have a knife fish who is being harassed by an algie eater :evil: .i started to get worried when the knife fish started getting scars and started becoming very nervous when i entered the room, should i move him with my soon to be 3 pangasius catfish?. also there was a recient angle fish murder in my aquarium. this aquarium contained 3 anglefish( including the dead one), 2 suckers,2 algie eaters( one was attacking my knife fish and also my silver shark, 1 knife fish,1 silver shark,2 catfish(walking). who was the possible murderer :?:
Marc van Arc
Expert
My articles: 20
My images: 61
My catfish: 9
Spotted: 35
Location 2: Eindhoven, The Netherlands

Post by Marc van Arc »

I'll put my money on the walking catfish: if you'll let them do their thing, they will sooner or later kill all your other fish. Before they may succeed, get rid of them :!: (or put them in a species tank, where they can only harrass eachother).
declan

Post by declan »

i only have two tanks, the other has 2 blue pangassius catfish :?
Marc van Arc
Expert
My articles: 20
My images: 61
My catfish: 9
Spotted: 35
Location 2: Eindhoven, The Netherlands

Post by Marc van Arc »

Then swap them: Pangasius with the others and the Clarias in the former Pangasius tank.
That is of course if you want to keep the walkers....
declan

Post by declan »

thanks for the advice :D . my second aquarium is pretty big and i was thinking of positioning a divider in it for the walkers

Return to “Tank Talk”