Zebra Plec WARNING!!!

A members area where you can introduce yourself, discuss anything outwith catfish and generally get to know each other.
kev
Location 1: Lancashire
Interests: Catfish and Stingray's

Zebra Plec WARNING!!!

Post by kev »

Hi all i was on Plecofanatics.com last nite and read a post about a group of guy's in america and one in germany who bought Zebra's of a bloke in germany, paid him the money so he could send the fish but they never arrived!!! wot a ba*t*rd. the guy's name is Dietmar Scholtz and by all account's he's conned quite alot of money out of these guy's, 6 zebra's for $1250, and he's done that to 6 different people. Hope no one in here get done by him.

Kev.
Put me dinner in the oven, im off to the Xingu!!!.
pturley
I've donated: $66.00!
My articles: 2
My images: 16
My cats species list: 1 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 8
Location 1: Cleveland, Ohio USA

Post by pturley »

The question I had with these auctions, is just how did these people think the fish were going to get "in country". Shipping fish across borders isn't the same as the normal domestic AB transaction.

Thank you for the warning, however Aquabid has a Forum for these topics as well, that is likely a better place for this conversation.
Sincerely,
Paul E. Turley
SanDiegoFishes
Location 1: San Diego, California USA
Interests: Fish! Corydoras, dwarf plecos, Farlowellas, livebearers,apistogrammas, angelfish,snails, plants,rainbows, and pretty much everything else!

Post by SanDiegoFishes »

There is a thread about this on AquaBid.com too, lots of people lost lots of money.
Same thing with some buy in Canada who was using the screen name Blurr, looks like he conned some big $$$ off of a few folks with Zebra pleco offers as well.
Barb
I currently have 25+ tanks, ranging in size from 10 gallons to 240 gallons. Also, 6 above ground ponds outside. Raise many species of fish, including corydoras, farlowella's, L number plecos, bushynoses, etc. Catfish RULE!!
lisa23
Location 1: east yorkshire,UK

Post by lisa23 »

Conning BA****DS :evil:

I hope their testicles grow square and fester at the corners!
Fish Soup
I've donated: $25.00!
Location 1: Penna. USA

Post by Fish Soup »

I almost fell for a Zebra scam myself. A seller with 0/0 feedback on AB had a group of eight listed with a "Buy" price of $500. Even had a picture of "the same fish being offered". I emailed him to get shipping charges, but a few minutes later they "sold". He answerd me the next day with some junk about the buyer refusing to pay the agreed amount. I was offered them for $550, shipped.

Great price! So I agreed and asked for his PayPal addy. Came back with "No PP, Western Union only". Warning bells started to go off in my head, so I did a quick image search with Google and sure enough found the same picture of "his" eight Zebras on an old website. I emailed a warning to the first buyer who informed me that he had already paid for them and they were to be delivered by noon that day. He never got them nor was he ever able to contact the seller. But before disappearing the jerk slammed the buyers feedback, stating he was cursed out in a phone conversation! So beware. There are people out there scamming due to the high prices.

I ended up buying a group of six off another Aquabid seller. Lost one on the second night with me, but I did get them. And except for the one death I have had no problems. They seem to be strong and healthy. So there are good and bad out there. Always check feedback, contact previous buyers when in doubt.

Don
2xL46; 3xL333; 2xLDA33; 3xL183; 9xLDA08; 1xAncistrus L279; 2xAlbino Ancistrus sp.(3)

Return to “Speak Easy”