Corydoras davidsandsi

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
bigstinka
Location 1: gloucs

Corydoras davidsandsi

Post by bigstinka »

anyone have these? have 2 tanks setup at the mo just for corys and have sterbai in one a nowt in the other seen davidsandsi for sale locally for £11 each that look nice but have not read anything about them. is that a good price for these? have tried to find them for sale online and had no sucess. any parameters for these are useful to. thanks!
Coryman
Expert
My articles: 12
My catfish: 5
My cats species list: 83 (i:5, k:0)
My BLogs: 1 (i:0, p:1)
Spotted: 194
Location 1: Kidderminster UK
Location 2: Kidderminster, UK
Interests: Cory's, Loricariids, photography and more Cory's

Post by Coryman »

Personally I would say that £11 is a little on the high side. This species is pretty hardy, does not require any special conditions and are relatively easy to breed. They are often confused with the smaller C. melini.

Ian
kim m
My cats species list: 49 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Denmark
Interests: Pike and Carpfishing, Aquariums (mainly corys)

Post by kim m »

As Ian mentions, they are relatively easy fish to work with.

When I bought my 10 fish 4-5 years ago I paid the equivalent of 3.50 £ each (semi adults), so 11 £ must be XXXL wild caught fish?
Best regards,
Kim M
-----------
Catfish Study Group
Guardians of Catfish
Skive Akvarieforening
Sp00ky
Location 1: Bradford, West Yorkshire, UK

Post by Sp00ky »

I have 6 coming at the end of the month and they have cost me less than have that imported. £11 seems to be vastly over priced to me. it annoys me that LFS's seem to like to hike the prices on a new cory that they havent had in before just so they can make a fast buck !

Return to “South American Catfishes (Callichthyidae - Corys et al)”