My new 75 Gallon Setup

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
HylaChristine
My cats species list: 34 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: New York

My new 75 Gallon Setup

Post by HylaChristine »

From start to finish, the tank had already been running for over a year with the two Magnum filters! So we just had to transport it to our house and set it up. Here is the process, with two of my three pleco residents at the bottom. Large picture load.

Ok, this is my thread to show the before, during and after of the 75 gallon setup, can you tell I am excited!!
Here is my dining room before the tank gets here.
Here is the backround for the tank that I am working on. It is paintchips that I got from walmart and cut up the individual squares and glued them on randomly on poster board. This project is not done yet, I have to get more paint strips. Only about 1/3 is done. The cool thing is that the colors perfectly match the colors in the poster in my diningroom!
Here is the poster, the tank will go against this poster and then the kitchen table will be pushed up against the tank!
The whole tank sits on a metal stand that is slightly above the kitchen table height!
Setting up process
So unfortunately we have to take the water out and fill it again, because it is not all the way up against the wall. It needs to be against the wall, so the kids cant knock it over, right now its about 2 inches from the wall.
I did end up having to catch Godzilla with my hands. I couldnt find anything big enough to catch him in. My husband was fasinated watching me and I made him take a picture once I had him. Boy is he Powerful!
Here is Inspector Gadget, he never comes out of hiding so I took this before I moved him to the 75 gallon.
whiteymoza
My images: 1
My cats species list: 14 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 1
Location 1: U.K.!!!

Post by whiteymoza »

What is "inspector gadget"? he/she looks like my L48

http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/sp ... ies_id=629
MatsP
My articles: 4
My images: 28
My cats species list: 117 (i:33, k:0)
My aquaria list: 10 (i:8)
My BLogs: 4 (i:0, p:97)
Spotted: 187
Location 1: North of Cambridge
Location 2: England.

Post by MatsP »

Inspector Gadget is, from what I understand, supposed to be - and thus the name is pretty obvious... ;-)

--
Mats

Return to “Tank Talk”