Info on trade in ???

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
albino catfish
Location 1: Houston, Texas
Interests: Catfish

Info on trade in ???

Post by albino catfish »

Some may know that I have a Red-tail Catfish that I have had for about 2-years. He's about 9 1/2 inches and housed in a 29 Gal. And needs a bigger home and quick, I was post to get a a 125 or 150 Gal but having trouble with they money. Beside's poeple always bad mouth me when I post stuff about my Red-tail cat's saying how people should not own them in home aquariums. So I am going to trade him in for a some smaller fish any tip's & advice on doing this trade-in stuff any Thanks.

I wish I had a Yellow Bullhead !!!
Chrysichthys
My images: 1
My cats species list: 43 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 1
Location 1: Oxford U.K.
Interests: catfish!

Post by Chrysichthys »

You could try to sell him on eBay.
STOP AND SEARCH TO BE REPLACED WITH GOOD, OLD-FASHIONED VIOLENCE
(Daily Mash headline)
albino catfish
Location 1: Houston, Texas
Interests: Catfish

Post by albino catfish »

I'm not sure how that E-bay stuff works, but need some advice trading in fish. I was going to trade him in for 2 juvinile Tiger Shovel Nose but I thought 2-years from now I would have the same problem getting to big for my tanks.
MatsP
My articles: 4
My images: 28
My cats species list: 117 (i:33, k:0)
My aquaria list: 10 (i:8)
My BLogs: 4 (i:0, p:97)
Spotted: 187
Location 1: North of Cambridge
Location 2: England.

Post by MatsP »

Most shops will offer "Store credit" for fish they take in that they can sell again. Of course, RTC's aren't exactly easy to home (if you care about how they are homed in the longer term, as you are well aware. There aren't any commercially available tanks that are suitable for a RTC when it matures!). So you may not get much credit for a 9-10" RTC...

Store credit is like cash but you can only use it in that shop , of course.

--
Mats

Return to “South American Catfishes (Everything else)”