May TFH erratum - Acanthus adonis

A members area where you can introduce yourself, discuss anything outwith catfish and generally get to know each other.
djw66
Location 1: Arkansas
Location 2: Arkansas

May TFH erratum - Acanthus adonis

Post by djw66 »

Some of you folks who read Tropical Fish Hobbyist may remember a reply by TFH in March that Acanthus adonis grew to 10 inches and was a herbivore. There was a thread here about the gross error.

TFH must have recieved a lot of letters, for in the May issue that came in the mail today, at the bottom of Page 14:

'On page 18 of the March issue of TFH we printed the wrong information about the size and diet for Acanthus adonis. This species actually grows to 2 feet and requires an aquarium in the hundreds of gallons. It also is one of the carnivorous plecos that will not thrive on a vegetarian diet. We apologize for the error.'

Wonder who straightened them out?

Dave
I dream of L-Numbers . . .
grandhorn
Location 1: Arizona
Location 2: Fort Mohave, Arizona

Post by grandhorn »

I read the same thing. And as I remember there was other questionable advise in there regarding other readers questions also. What's going on with TFH lately? At least they did correct!
bronzefry
I've donated: $100.00!
My articles: 6
My images: 13
My cats species list: 17 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 7 (i:7)
Spotted: 6
Location 1: Sharon, Massachusetts, US

Post by bronzefry »

Magazine editors, after all, are human beings, and imperfect. I'm glad they posted the correction. I think my mailman is reading my issue about now. I should get it in a few days, along with last week's Sports Illustrated(I had one issue with a stain that smelled of ranch dressing). :roll:
Amanda
djw66
Location 1: Arkansas
Location 2: Arkansas

Post by djw66 »

This week is my favorite; I get TFH in the mail one day, and Smithsonian the next. A boon to a reader like myself.

Amanda, you should shake that postman. Great shot of a clown fish nestled in a pink-tipped anenome on the cover.

FYI, Lee Finley's catfish column is a Synodontis overview.

As a former editor myself, we try and try to be perfect in print . . .

Dave
I dream of L-Numbers . . .
bronzefry
I've donated: $100.00!
My articles: 6
My images: 13
My cats species list: 17 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 7 (i:7)
Spotted: 6
Location 1: Sharon, Massachusetts, US

Post by bronzefry »

Dave,
The issues eventually get here. The Sports Illustrated is the worst, though. The schedule is outdated by the time it gets to us. That's always good for a few laughs. "Hey, we lost that game we were supposed to win!" He has no love of Gourmet magazine, though. The plastic is always sealed. At least with TFH, it can take a while for the information to become dated. The way the plastic is split open, too! I'll greet him today and ask him about his favorite species. :twisted:
Amanda

Return to “Speak Easy”