Feeding Bullheads?

All posts regarding the care and breeding of catfishes from other parts of the world (North America, Europe and Australia). If you don't know where your catfish is from, post a query in the identification category.
mahdira
Location 1: Orlando, Florida

Feeding Bullheads?

Post by mahdira »

My 5-inch spotted bullhead doesn't seem to be too interested in shrimp pellets, but I think one of the rosy barbs he was sharing the tank with might have been lunch. o_o

Do those of you who keep bullheads feed live feeder fish, crickets, worms, or some type of commercial flake/pellet food?
Silurus
I've donated: $12.00!
My articles: 55
My images: 890
My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:1, k:0)
Spotted: 423
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

Post by Silurus »

You should get yourself some Hikari carnivore pellets. I've yet to encounter a fish that would refuse them.
Fishlover14
Location 1: Alabama
Interests: BullHead Catfish & North American Native Fish

Post by Fishlover14 »

I would highly recommnend Omega One Shrimp Pellets, All Of my catfish simply love them.

As for what I feed my BullHeads I feed 2 Of Them that are housed alone Hilkari Sinking Carnivroe Pellets as they are not trained to come to the top, In my other bullhead tank I feed Omegao One Freeze Dried Shrimp, Omegao One Large Cichlid Pellets, Omega One Shrmip Pellets, Omega One Freeze Dried Bloodworms, Freeeze Dried Plankton, theoccasional earthworm, GrubWorms, Algea Wafers, Brine Shrmip, Chicken Liverand Tubifex Worms. They will eat just about anything although they definetly prefer some foods, the meatier ones like Shrmip earthworms and chicken liver over some others.

Also would love to see some photos if you had them!

Hope This Helps.

Dan :)
mahdira
Location 1: Orlando, Florida

Post by mahdira »

Thank you both so much! :D You really helped!
CEfire
Location 1: Illinois
Interests: Synodontis, Disc golf, Fishing

Post by CEfire »

Really, you should take some pics for the Cat-elog, the ones in there for the spotted bullhead don't look so great...

Return to “Other Catfishes”