Royal pleco - question

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
starrfish71
Location 1: Florida
Interests: all animals

Royal pleco - question

Post by starrfish71 »

I have studies the pictures available here, and can't quite figure out something- are all baby Royals the olive-green color, or are the same types sometimes golden colored?

I am asking because I have a beautiful baby that has been doing really well, and it's the more green coloration. The LFS has gotten a few more in, but they seemed to be more golden than green. I was considering getting another, but can't decide if they are the same species or not.
MatsP
My articles: 4
My images: 28
My cats species list: 117 (i:33, k:0)
My aquaria list: 10 (i:8)
My BLogs: 4 (i:0, p:97)
Spotted: 187
Location 1: North of Cambridge
Location 2: England.

Post by MatsP »

There are several different colour variants of - whether those are distinct different species or simply local colour variations is a good question, to which you'll probably find three or four different answers in a few years time. At the moment, the scientist haven't even started at this particular question...

If you click on the "Panaque" word at the top left of the Cat-eLog page, you'll get to "All Panque species", and you'll be able to see the differnt variants there.

--
Mats
starrfish71
Location 1: Florida
Interests: all animals

Post by starrfish71 »

thanx!
Jackster
My cats species list: 1 (i:0, k:0)
Location 2: WI

Post by Jackster »

"The Jackster"